BEP TS1 tank sender programming

Has anyone here had any experience programming a BEP TS1 tank sender?

I didnt find the software particularly intuitive and want to check I got this right:

I modelled the (non linear) tank in 3DS max and put cut lines at 20%, 40%, 60% 80% volumes and calculated the height H as measured from the top of the tank.

Using the TS1 software linearization menu entered those H values and hit calculate. This gave me the 31,56,77 and 89. What unit is the 31,56,77,89 in? Is that Ohms on the 10-180 Ohm scale?

The next issue was that I could not get my new VDO SingleViu fluid level gauge to even move the needle when I connected TS1 sender wire (green) to green of the gauge. Red/Black wires of TS1 went to the same 12v supply busbar that supplies the guages + and neg. 

Gauges manual here https://www.vdo.com/media/746713/en_user-manual-singleviu_22-201801.pdf 

(The gauge did work with the old WEMA 0-180 sender but for various reasons I am trying to replace that sender with the TS1)

TS1 Tank By Height.jpg

TS1 SS1.jpg

The 4 numbers it gave are the % of the total height of the tank you entered (370), at which the tank is 20, 40, 60 and 80 % full. 

So at 31% of the 370 deep, the tank is 20% full. 

As for the operation, if you’re confident you connected and wrote the programming to the sender correctly - you should be able to connect and read your settings back off it, then you might need to start with a volt meter and check what’s happening at the relevant wires. 

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I have bought one of these gauges and don't have the programming unit. I have a USB to serial converter, and it looks like the box is simply connecting these three wires to the serial cable, does anybody know the pin out of this box? Or can check? Otherwise I bought a sending unit I can't use because there's no way to get that programming box where I am easily. 

On 8/07/2022 at 1:38 AM, Peter Hunt said:

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I have bought one of these gauges and don't have the programming unit. I have a USB to serial converter, and it looks like the box is simply connecting these three wires to the serial cable, does anybody know the pin out of this box? Or can check? Otherwise I bought a sending unit I can't use because there's no way to get that programming box where I am easily. 

Don’t have mine with me at the moment, but I can tell you there is also a 9v battery in the box. Needed to power the sensor during programming, so it’s not just connecting the wires. I’m picturing a small circuit board too, but can’t be sure on that at all.