Fitting a ventilated window in companionway washboard

1 hour ago, grant said:

I like the "double glazed" idea, and agree with comments about the slope for keep the water out. 

That aside and going back to your original drawing, if the air inside is warmer than that outside how much airflow through the holes? It would go through if there is air coming forward to force it. 

What if the low holes were on the inside and high on the outside? as the warmer air goes in and rises it goes out the top, creating (a very small) thermal draft.

Or I could be way over thinking it....

I think that’s actually the rationale for my design. Maybe the French do know what they are doing with boat design after all…

4 hours ago, Fogg said:

I think that’s actually the rationale for my design. Maybe the French do know what they are doing with boat design after all…

aaaaaah mais oui!

Tout de brilliant design avec un finettre with the holes in it aussi!  Perfect pour le cruise de Mediterranean assisted by beaucoup de dollie birds and buckets of champers!  Avoidee-vous the pooping though, n'est pas?

• Haha 1

Thanks to Crew member lateral, I got a piece of 10mm acrylic that looks like it would hold back the Apocalypse, and is large enough to replace the entire upper board, which it will now do.

I want to glue a lap onto the bottom of the sheet so that it overlaps the bottom washboard.  I've cut a strip of the acrylic and routered its edges ready to glue on, but then I thought "what with?"

I figure cyno-acrylate, any other guesses or knowledgeable comments?

On 8/08/2021 at 2:00 PM, aardvarkash10 said:

Thanks to Crew member lateral, I got a piece of 10mm acrylic that looks like it would hold back the Apocalypse, and is large enough to replace the entire upper board, which it will now do.

I want to glue a lap onto the bottom of the sheet so that it overlaps the bottom washboard.  I've cut a strip of the acrylic and routered its edges ready to glue on, but then I thought "what with?"

I figure cyno-acrylate, any other guesses or knowledgeable comments?

I just made a box shaped shower dome using 5mm acrylic. Following research the whole thing is glued up using superglue. No problem.