Short length of 50mm / 2" sanitation hose

Hi,

I'm looking for a short length (less than half a meter) of 50mm diameter PVC sanitation hose - ideally Trident 101, 102 or similar, but the standard white PVC hose will do for now - to link the 'organ' (rigid PVC pipes forming a siphon break for black waters) to the 50mm valve on the skin fitting. I dropped in at General Marine today and they could not help with my request, and I could not find any online on NZ sites (easy to find overseas though, but having even a meter of that shipped will be pricey!).

Would anybody know a place who would stock that, or have an offcut lying around?

Thanks in advance,

ouk

15 hours ago, ouk said:

Hi,

I'm looking for a short length (less than half a meter) of 50mm diameter PVC sanitation hose - ideally Trident 101, 102 or similar, but the standard white PVC hose will do for now - to link the 'organ' (rigid PVC pipes forming a siphon break for black waters) to the 50mm valve on the skin fitting. I dropped in at General Marine today and they could not help with my request, and I could not find any online on NZ sites (easy to find overseas though, but having even a meter of that shipped will be pricey!).

Would anybody know a place who would stock that, or have an offcut lying around?

Thanks in advance,

ouk

Burnsco and Smart Marine carry the white stuff

Thanks marinheiro, but they only have sanitation hose up to 38mm / 1"1/2. That's why I went to General Marine Services who usually have that kind of stuff when the normal retailers don't, and they are out of stock. I thought it would not be too hard to find another place where I could find some hose, but apparently I was wrong...

I'm not too keen to replace it by exhaust hose even if it's the last bit of hose and should only ever be full of seawater, and even if I can replace it in a few months by the proper stuff (not too keen to do that job twice). The closest replacement I could find for now is this but there is no technical data to determine suitability.

17 hours ago, ouk said:

Thanks marinheiro, but they only have sanitation hose up to 38mm / 1"1/2. That's why I went to General Marine Services who usually have that kind of stuff when the normal retailers don't, and they are out of stock. I thought it would not be too hard to find another place where I could find some hose, but apparently I was wrong...

I'm not too keen to replace it by exhaust hose even if it's the last bit of hose and should only ever be full of seawater, and even if I can replace it in a few months by the proper stuff (not too keen to do that job twice). The closest replacement I could find for now is this but there is no technical data to determine suitability.

I should have read your post better, yeah 50mm will be a bit of a mission. Try these guys, they have just about every hose under the sun

https://hcdflowtech.co.nz/

Thanks guys,

@Dtwo Great idea, I had stuff to do around Botany today so dropped in the East Tamaki branch, and they had some. Unbranded, not Trident 102, but it'll do the job. I had a look at their website previously and no sanitation hose was listed, they told me their website was pretty outdated.

@marinheiro HCD flow seems to be the same as the others, no sanitation hose above 38mm. At least I've learnt that what makes a sanitation hose odour permeation resistant is the added nitrile (at least 15% required).

@Winter@waikiore It's a French boat, made for cheese eaters :D. Joke aside, it's pretty usual to use 50mm between the holding tank and the through hull for a gravity discharge system (what I'm planning to add at a later stage, and the reason why I have a 50mm through hull and valve). Everything before that is 1 1/2", and even 1 1/4" for what goes out of the Electroscan and should be chopped into little bits (this section is 100% rigid PVC pipe though).

Anyway, problem solved, thanks all for your help!