Yachting NZ double dipping still

Spoken to YNZ and they say that until the clubs send in all the members names, they cant enact the refund system that they have promised, so essentially sitting on their hands, hoping not too many of us notice that they are going against the AGM vote and keeping the empire and Olympic funding bubbling along. No other sport would be so Brazen in robbing its participants for the benefit of the few. I suggest that we nominate the club that we pay the levy with then notify them and deduct from the others with the same note to be forwarded to YNZ. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, waikiore said:

Spoken to YNZ and they say that until the clubs send in all the members names, they cant enact the refund system that they have promised, so essentially sitting on their hands, hoping not too many of us notice that they are going against the AGM vote and keeping the empire and Olympic funding bubbling along. No other sport would be so Brazen in robbing its participants for the benefit of the few. I suggest that we nominate the club that we pay the levy with then notify them and deduct from the others with the same note to be forwarded to YNZ. 

Prety good if you can participate in 5 club events at the same time. Pay the fee through the club which you are most active with and deduct from other clubs.It then becomes the secretary job/workload to explain why member 62 has deducted levy.

I spoke with YNZ today after waiting over a week for any sort of reply to my previous phone call. The staff member I spoke with was very polite and very aware of my previous enquiry via another staff member, and had my contact details. It was outlined that a staff meeting was being scheduled to discuss my query (and no doubt others) on how YNZ would proceed. I mentioned the 2017 resolution and that it wasn't a particularly good look that YNZ appeared to be ignoring a resolution of its Board at an AGM. Apparently, it was also discussed in 2019 ( haven't bothered checking). It was confirmed as an individual I'm not a YNZ member . I note I don't have any power as I'm not a club in any regard.

I breifly discussed becoming an individual member of YNZ but it was confirmed that the type of membership was limited and  I needed to be a member of an affiliated club to use the racing rules etc ...  somewhat circuitous.

I will wait and see... 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, harrytom said:

Prety good if you can participate in 5 club events at the same time. Pay the fee through the club which you are most active with and deduct from other clubs.It then becomes the secretary job/workload to explain why member 62 has deducted levy.

I think most clubs would simply say XYZ did not pay the full single membership fee as passed at the last club AGM and therefore their membership has been revoked...

Exactly why I said the same form to YNZ needs to be sent to those that you are not paying the fee to, so that they can collect them and forward to YNZ with their "return". Of course most apathetic kiwis wont bother and this is what the cynical Mr Abercrombie is counting on to maintain his empire.

• Upvote 2

In the past week, on how many days have you done a total of 30 minutes or more of physical activity, which was enough to raise your breathing rate?

Do you warm-up...

Never Rarely Occasionally Most of the time Always Don't know/ Can't say Not applicable
Prior to each training
Prior to each race

Typically, when you warm up for a race, what does your warm up include?

Balance (e.g. single leg balance, wobble board)
Active stretching (dynamic) (e.g. leg swings)
Light aerobic activity (e.g. easy running, skipping, swimming, cycling)
Skills and drills (e.g. ball drills, passing skills, footwork, equipment handling)
Static stretching (e.g. quad stretch)
Short games (e.g. 1 on 1, 3 vs. 3 game play)
Core strength (e.g. plank, bridge hold)
Don’t know

Seriously. People pay good money to complete a survey????Need your bloody heads read.

Actually survey monkey is cheap as chips, I could put one together at morning tea, I dont see any issues with these questions, in fact I might do a few "warm ups" if I can remember how to get dressed 🤣

42 minutes ago, Psyche said:

Actually survey monkey is cheap as chips, I could put one together at morning tea, I dont see any issues with these questions, in fact I might do a few "warm ups" if I can remember how to get dressed 🤣

Explains a lot!

So is it your wife or mother that dresses you funny???

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

So I now have had a response from YNZ .  The multiple club affiliated members are assessed as at 31 March (EOFY I assume) in any year. Weird assessment time in my view.

Therefore to be eligible for an YNZ affiliation fee refund you have to nominate your primary club;  then complete the attached form;  and then get each club and its commodore you do not wish to pay an affiliation fee (or seek an affiliation refund from) to sign the attached form to be able to apply for a refund from YNZ on your behalf.

Thoughts?

Multiple Club Member Refund Request Form.pdf