Gas Code of Compliance Certificate

Its that "but any repairs or modifications to existing installations shall comply with the requirements of this standard" that is a bit tricky. I'd like to replace my gas hose as I have no idea how old it is but it will likely need an upgrade to modern standards if I do. So for now its better (but not safer) to just not touch it.

Yup I managed to get a copy also. 

Other interesting things I found in the regs.

Im asuming the New Zealand Maritime Transport Act 1994 is the older regs that most boats are using?

All the Australian and New Zealand Technical Regulators agree that this Standard should provide for particular appliances and components to be certified. It was also agreed that this Standard include a statement that this requirement would not apply retrospectively.

1.1.2 Exclusions This Standard does not apply to — (a) installations covered by statutory requirements such as the New Zealand Maritime Transport Act 1994

1 hour ago, Adrianp said:

Its that "but any repairs or modifications to existing installations shall comply with the requirements of this standard" that is a bit tricky. I'd like to replace my gas hose as I have no idea how old it is but it will likely need an upgrade to modern standards if I do. So for now its better (but not safer) to just not touch it.

I think you can replace the hose - as long as the new hose, clamps and fittings comply with the current standards, and you are replacing existing old stuff.

1 hour ago, B00B00 said:

Yup I managed to get a copy also. 

Other interesting things I found in the regs.

Im asuming the New Zealand Maritime Transport Act 1994 is the older regs that most boats are using?

All the Australian and New Zealand Technical Regulators agree that this Standard should provide for particular appliances and components to be certified. It was also agreed that this Standard include a statement that this requirement would not apply retrospectively.

1.1.2 Exclusions This Standard does not apply to — (a) installations covered by statutory requirements such as the New Zealand Maritime Transport Act 1994

That bit is interesting Booboo. I have not (yet) read the whole thing. In my copy that is in sec 1, sub section 1.3a - are we looking at the same version? AS/NZS 5601.2:2013 is my one...

38 minutes ago, Island Time said:

That bit is interesting Booboo. I have not (yet) read the whole thing. In my copy that is in sec 1, sub section 1.3a - are we looking at the same version? AS/NZS 5601.2:2013 is my one...

That's so that the regulations aren't interpreted to cover ships carrying LPG in bulk, such as LPG tankers, or boats that are in MOSS.

MOSS rules also call for AS/NZS 5601 for boats in survey.

On 29/09/2021 at 10:36 AM, Adrianp said:

I would not loose too much sleep over the hose.   the hoses are something like 150psi rated, so probably take 300 psi new.  After the regulator is  0.5 psi.  There’s enough factor of safety there it’s like a structural engineer was involved.

Our boat pre 2003 is flex hose from tank to stove.   Means no joins.  When we got the boat we removed the regulator, pressure tested at 20 psi and soapy water everywhere.   Personally I would rather 1 old flex hose than multiple crimped pvc covered copper or aluminium systems  I have seen in modern installations.

• Upvote 1