*Urgently seeking crew for Tahiti to NZ trip*

Hello, posting on behalf of my father who is currently in Tahiti and urgently searching for crew to assist in bringing back his boat:

Boat: Ovni 455, 14.6m aluminium cruising yacht, built in France 1997, currently in French Polynesia. 

Crew: Looking for crew to assist in bringing the vessel back to NZ, must have off-shore sailing experience and *must be NZ citizens to enter NZ (via port in Opua in Bay of Islands)**Must be fully covid19 vaccinated*

Dates: Leaving Tahiti Late Sept, early October

Captain is my father, Meredith Webster a 65yr old sailmaker from New Zealand currently in Tahiti. Please contact me on here if interested or please circulate to interested parties. 

Thank you!

• Upvote 2

Hi Phoebe - there is a guy Scott up in FP (Kiwi) looking for a ride back -his contact is orcaman71@hotmail.com  -could be worth following up seeing both FP and NZ are both in lockdown.

Good luck

On 25/08/2021 at 9:52 PM, Phoebe said:

Hello, posting on behalf of my father who is currently in Tahiti and urgently searching for crew to assist in bringing back his boat:

Boat: Ovni 455, 14.6m aluminium cruising yacht, built in France 1997, currently in French Polynesia. 

Crew: Looking for crew to assist in bringing the vessel back to NZ, must have off-shore sailing experience and *must be NZ citizens to enter NZ (via port in Opua in Bay of Islands)**Must be fully covid19 vaccinated*

Dates: Leaving Tahiti Late Sept, early October

Captain is my father, Meredith Webster a 65yr old sailmaker from New Zealand currently in Tahiti. Please contact me on here if interested or please circulate to interested parties. 

Thank you!

Hi Phoebe,

I know of a kiwi who wants to sail home. Is your fathers boat in Papeete or Taina Marina?

Hi Phoebe, I may be able to assist you with your delivery. I am a NZ professional yacht delivery skipper. I am currently in Durban and will be heading to Cape Town in about a week, delivering a 50 foot cat from NZ. I would have to fly to France or the States, spend a couple of weeks there before flying to Tahiti. I am fully vaccinated 2 x pfizer. I may be able to get there by mid to late Oct. If the timing works for you, let me know. Reply here or contact me direct cptnmike2005@yahoo.co.nz.

Cheers Mike

Hello Phoebe,

I may be able to assist.  I am an experienced offshore racing skipper/sailor and have my own blue water boat as well (currently in the Philippines, but due to make its way home starting in March or so next year).  In the meantime I am looking for a ride back to NZ for Christmas.  I am a New Zealander, fully jabbed (Moderna), and able to travel at short notice.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1

Hi, Phoebe, 

Did your father happen to get his boat back to NZ? 

My email address is tjwatene@hotmail.com. I have a commercial Local Launch Operator so have some knowledge about vessels... Not too much sailing though but I'm sure I'll learn. I'm currently working offshore in middle east and want to get back to NZ. 

Hi,Just wondering if you had found crew and you had do you have any contacts available in tahiti who potentially may be sailing back soon i,m currently in norway but keen to get back to nz ,have  done several offshore trips. cheers Dougall