Coastal Classic

8 minutes ago, waikiore said:

Not looking so good for this race as even without going ashore in the BOI we prob wont be able to start in case of people pulling out and going to Marsden Cove Tut etc.

The race would have to finish just short of Mangawai,crossing an imagery border.If still at level 3 or 2.5 and Northland at 2

Lockdown Divisions

For Auckland.

Start, Tiri Stbd, Shag Is Stbd, Tiri Stbd, Shig Is Stbd, Finish Orakei.

Tauranga start, Mercs Stbd, Mayor Stbd Finish A beacon

Northland 

WHG start, Sail Rock Port, Mokes Port, Poor Knights Port, Finish Russell Wharf.

• Like 1

If it is bubble racing please make it Saturday not Friday. I need the kids to sail and they have missed too much school this year already.

Imagine - Tickled Pink Hilder Family, Playbuoy Pilkington family, Herbert family on whatever, Woolridge family on a Piedy, Nick Brewer might even get somewhere on his Young, Neeleys on Vagan, Stantons on Sister. And don't forget Dennis and Emily borrowing Fat Freddy.

It could be awesome. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone here purchased their Cat 3 exemption pack for $115 and tried to get reimbursement from Yachting NZ now the race is not happening or will be Cat 4?

YNZ are refusing to reimburse me, even though I haven’t started the process (other than purchasing the pack)

• Confused 3

Sadly we have had to cancel the race this year. It's been a very tough decision for the NZMYC as we just wanted to RACE!

Get ready for a really big one next year as it is the 40th anniversary of the race!

https://www.coastalclassic.co.nz/post/pic-coastal-classic-flies-ap-flag-for-labour-weekend?fbclid=IwAR2lSwMeYYtnT5qpCEFTYhNHgH8WINVbJXghn8e8DEzuvqCJZXwKHcQM9bs

image.thumb.png.1358a30fd6a158ce82921188278ebafb.png

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RushMan said:

Refunds on the 20th November?

I hope that should be October

Thats the date that the credit company sets. The alternative is to refund each entry individually in which case the club loses $1000+ in credit card commission on top of the thousands the club is going to haemorrhage over this. And I have to spend hours setting up internet banking payments for over 100 boats. 

• Upvote 1

DP I have not raced the Coastal for many years, last race on a young 88, was great fun, so I have no money at risk but I'd like to suggest that those that want to support the club and the 40th anniversary say they will accept a 50% refund with the balance going to cover costs incurred for this year's race, any funds left over to go toward the 40th anniversary race.

I know it would be a huge task for you DP if it happens.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Deep Purple said:

Thats the date that the credit company sets. The alternative is to refund each entry individually in which case the club loses $1000+ in credit card commission on top of the thousands the club is going to haemorrhage over this. And I have to spend hours setting up internet banking payments for over 100 boats. 

Thanks for the explanation