Coastal Classic

Shall we show our age and discuss the race record year in the Easterly in 1996? Just realised 25 years ago today

Did it 4 up on my trailer sailer. Had a guy slip through the leeward lifelines when a wave knocked us down off Sail Rock.

Had an excellent wipe out in the gybe on the way in from the Brett, Finished just after midnight. But then we were all so wet and cold we had the overboard person in the one sleeping bag and the other 3 huddled under a wet kite in full kit. Too tired and not enough rum to stay up all night.

Had the last laugh when we loaded up and drove home while half the fleet were stuck in Russell.

25 minutes ago, Jono G said:

Shall we show our age and discuss the race record year in the Easterly in 1996? Just realised 25 years ago today

Did it 4 up on my trailer sailer. Had a guy slip through the leeward lifelines when a wave knocked us down off Sail Rock.

Had an excellent wipe out in the gybe on the way in from the Brett, Finished just after midnight. But then we were all so wet and cold we had the overboard person in the one sleeping bag and the other 3 huddled under a wet kite in full kit. Too tired and not enough rum to stay up all night.

Had the last laugh when we loaded up and drove home while half the fleet were stuck in Russell.

sh*t you are old !  Was that supergroove ? Lucky you got your crew back 

Yep, getting older. Grey hairs appearing. Yes Supergroove. We had a good race but were smoked by the Aces High and Blue Dude. Interestingly none of these boats are in NZ now.

In this case, fortunately he held onto the mainsheet, so with the extra sheet we rounded up and dragged him in.

I was on the Ross 45 M1 for that race. Was a pretty epic hoon.

For me though the 2012(?) On crusader and the 2019 on Motorboat II were better and we set records both times.  The beat in from the Brett both races slowed things down a bit but the bit to the Brett was super quick.