Online shopping for Yanmar stuff

3 hours ago, ex Elly said:

The problem with Yanmar is that they lock down their sales by region, so they can charge higher prices in some regions, and prevent prevent people buying direct from the cheaper regions.  The cheapest parts I found were US East Coast (Annapolis area), but they will not ship outside that area.

So I had to set up an account with an east coast shipping company, then get them to send to Portland, then get Youshop.co.nz to ship here.

How did your landed cost work out? Youshop's postage has become rather expensive now they have subcontracted the freight to one of the courier companies.

I have bought Yanmar parts from http://www.bayshoremarineengines.com/ in Annapolis in the past, when visiting for the boatshow, and agree their prices are excellent.

I am going to get prices from the Oregon dealer to see how they stack up, and no issue with shipping as the Youshop forwarding service is in Oregon

On 4/09/2021 at 1:53 PM, BOIGuy said:

Ordered a prop Tuesday last week from Denmark, it got to Auckland on Thursday this week

Prop just arrived, not bad for a level 3/4 lockdown Sunday.

Under 12 days from Denmark, like to see a local supplier beat that.

Wasn't going to do it this year but lockdown lets me spend far too much time shopping online.

2 minutes ago, ex Elly said:

I think it total cost was around 60% of NZ prices, including shipping. This was a few years ago, so no GST.

Have some parts arriving shortly and my understanding under $1k no fees but maybe gst   Before purchase went on to govt site that gave fee structure.

1 hour ago, harrytom said:

Have some parts arriving shortly and my understanding under $1k no fees but maybe gst   Before purchase went on to govt site that gave fee structure.

if it not coming via Youshop you may well be lucky and not be charged GST if it under $1,000 total (goods + freight), there seems to be some flexibility on this with customs. Let us know how you get on.

7 minutes ago, marinheiro said:

if it not coming via Youshop you may well be lucky and not be charged GST if it under $1,000 total (goods + freight), there seems to be some flexibility on this with customs. Let us know how you get on.

car computer,coming from aussie,sent old one over and been sitting in Melbourne 4 days now according to track n trace.NZ post so maybe another 2 weeks till my new arrives.  Had to send of my system over so it can be mapped to new ECU. I have no idea just trust number 1 son and seller.

On 6/09/2021 at 12:08 PM, marinheiro said:

Yes you are right Marinheiro,just paid invoice and has a charge of NZ gst on it. Should arrive by Friday??No other charges.Who knows once it arrives in country though.

Saved $800 by going to Aussie for it.