Cats

So I caved. And we got a cat. No, not the kind with 2 hulls but the kind with about a million claws. Plus fur.

At first I persuaded myself that I could turn it into a ‘ship’s cat’ and everything would be OK.

But over the last few weeks I’ve been watching with growing dismay at the prodigious amount of poo & pee that the thing emits. And that is growing too.

What am I going to do?

How the hell do others cope?

When Dad went to live onboard in 1986,I gave him my cat ,it was about 12 months old. Settled in well,poo in anchor well seemed to of come naturally, Dad would take cat ashore and it run up and down beach, do its thing, no lead and would always return. Fell off the yacht numerous times and straight to his bunk. Think over the 10 or so yrs the cat developed issue(salt water madness)When moved ashore we took cat in and yep it was like horse off footrot flats.Didnt take crap from local cats/dogs lasted till 18yrs old. 

The biggest  complaint came from his friend who rafted up for the night.By all accounts the cat being a cat with something new.Ran around and kept owner awake.It was like it was wearing workboots on deck..Eventually threw cat onboard Dads and untied and anchored. 

• Haha 1
On 17/09/2021 at 7:21 AM, Black Panther said:

We've had a ships cat. Generally worked better if lived on the boat from a kitten. 

That was the plan ie.  to get the damn thing acclimatised to boat living ASAP. I don’t need to tell you why that hasn’t happened…

3 minutes ago, Fogg said:

Jeez, I can’t believe I’m reduced to posting pics of my cat to the internet…

Level 4 boredom.

Next it'll be your lemon muffins or something.

It's ok, we're all being kind & not mocking things that would usually attract a fair level of scorn, :-) 

24 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

Tell the truth, you spent all morning on you tube looking at cute cats.

No that’s the other 99% of the population.

Run out of sailing videos to watch though - I’m up to date with all my favourite vloggers.