Marine Hot Water Cylinder Recommendations

17 hours ago, southernman said:

This might be the right option for me. I can install under the saloon seating which makes it:

• Close to Galley Sink, so we don't waste a lot of water waiting for the hot water to come through.
  • Easy to run air ducts through to both hulls and saloon. The Hot air won't really make it into our rear cabins but these are usually warm from the engines. I guess I could adapt this to a Hydronic system for these cabins if this really turned out to be an issue. 
  • Exhaust can go out the bottom of the bridgedeck.

Its more expensive that I wanted to spend but probably not that bad considering it does two jobs in one (Hot water and hot air). In summer I can probably heat the water with excess solar power.  

2 hours ago, Adrianp said:

• Exhaust can go out the bottom of the bridgedeck.

I would not do that, exhaust should be on a vertical surface with nothing above it to block dissipation of heat/fumes, also to minimse staining

Good thought. A couple of friends have theirs coming out the bottom of the bridgedeck, so will see how it is working for them. 

This guy puts his coming out the front of the bridgedeck, which would worry me on many levels!

36 minutes ago, Adrianp said:

This guy puts his coming out the front of the bridgedeck, which would worry me on many levels!

for sure, the salt air being blown thru will do wonders for the internals and a strong wind might cause a flame out situation.

By the way did you notice how wafer thin the bridge deck is, looks like a thin honeycomb of some sort covered with light cloth either side 😟