SSANZ Race D

Jon

Yep, which way ?

You thinking it’s too short ?

Its designed to be a one off day race, if the weathers looking too light we will drop a mark or sail the short course.

If you want something a bit longer then start planning on the RNI 2023, only 17months away, will be limited and sell out in minutes. So anyone that’s serious will be planning now.

38 minutes ago, Boatworks said:

Ha. Wow throw him under the bus why don't you Jon!!

We were talking about it yesterday and he decided 10pm wasn’t late enough so I said change it to 1159 pm

He’s now saying it’s a typo

I think it’s already corrected

Probably canceled by the looks unless something radical happens.

How do you plans anything in this environment, end of October seemed a long way ahead, over two months when we set the date, who would have thought you still can go racing. We had a loose plan of running a rum race with prize giving after with say Hard Labour inviting out of town 1020s crews to sail together etc. more a social event. But even trying to organise this is a stab in the dark at this point.

Now we are even worried about the Evolution Northern Triangle, seeing as it sails into 3 regions.

Apparently there is some bug going around.

You could put out a notice of race, that goes something like this:

1) we are going to have a race;

2) the date of the race will be advised by the PM at the 1 pm briefing.

3) A minimum of 48 hr notice shall be given that racing is about to occur

4) the race shall have a maximum of 2 crew

5) the race will be around a course, on water. Most likely the Hauraki gulf

6) the course will be advised not more than 24 hrs before the start

7) the race will be held in boats, solely propelled by wind, that float, and comply with, lets say, Cat 4

I.e., announce that a race will be held at the first possible opportunity, when covid restrictions are eased, but give no other details, as they will change. Yachts & crews can consider preparing for the race is a bit like a Le Man's start, where the actual race is getting the boat and crew prep'ed with minimum notification. It would be like a 'bring what you've got' kind of set up, the primary objective being to successfully hold a race at the earliest opportunity. All other aspects of the race done on the fly.

A new concept, instead of scheduling a date and planning for that, you plan to hold the race in a set time from the announcement, i.e. first Saturday after we are allowed to. Changing times, new paradigm.

18 hours ago, Fish said:

Apparently there is some bug going around.

You could put out a notice of race, that goes something like this:

1) we are going to have a race;

2) the date of the race will be advised by the PM at the 1 pm briefing.

3) A minimum of 48 hr notice shall be given that racing is about to occur

4) the race shall have a maximum of 2 crew

5) the race will be around a course, on water. Most likely the Hauraki gulf

6) the course will be advised not more than 24 hrs before the start

7) the race will be held in boats, solely propelled by wind, that float, and comply with, lets say, Cat 4

I.e., announce that a race will be held at the first possible opportunity, when covid restrictions are eased, but give no other details, as they will change. Yachts & crews can consider preparing for the race is a bit like a Le Man's start, where the actual race is getting the boat and crew prep'ed with minimum notification. It would be like a 'bring what you've got' kind of set up, the primary objective being to successfully hold a race at the earliest opportunity. All other aspects of the race done on the fly.

A new concept, instead of scheduling a date and planning for that, you plan to hold the race in a set time from the announcement, i.e. first Saturday after we are allowed to. Changing times, new paradigm.

Just went through all that and now postponing this weekend cause the weather is outhouse 

Not at all unexpected but I was still gutted that The delta race can’t be sailed. Beginning to look like the northern triangle might go the same way. When Paul posted “the worst thing about a 3 day lockdown is the first 6 weeks” I had a good laugh. Not so funny anymore 

Without a thread drift to the "international event" that cannot be named, I think a lot of people are going to be head cases after this and not at all in ready to race but needing to deal with a whole backlog of commitments then go cruising. 

This feels so true now!

Eb0hQ3nU8AABV6S.jpg

• Like 1