Auckland to Coromandel attempt thwarted - good

4 minutes ago, Fish said:

Erm, don't suppose you have any actual details?

Or did you hear this from a friend of your brother in law's neighbour?

A mate of my brother-in-law's neighbour works for One news, during a catch up outside with 2m between us, while wearing a face mask, drinking beer from a straw with no one else attending the gathering except his dog who had eaten its face mask, told me. Here's link. 

https://www.1news.co.nz/2021/10/06/boatie-caught-trying-to-flee-aucklands-water-boundary/

Police posted a video explaining the boundary up the middle of the the firth of Thames, and clarifying what the no travel to Waiheke/Barrier actually meant. 

• Haha 2
21 hours ago, CarpeDiem said:

A mate of my brother-in-law's neighbour works for One news, during a catch up outside with 2m between us, while wearing a face mask, drinking beer from a straw with no one else attending the gathering except his dog who had eaten its face mask, told me. Here's link. 

https://www.1news.co.nz/2021/10/06/boatie-caught-trying-to-flee-aucklands-water-boundary/

Police posted a video explaining the boundary up the middle of the the firth of Thames, and clarifying what the no travel to Waiheke/Barrier actually meant. 

Dont see the issue if they just went across to farms to fish

• Upvote 1

I was out in the firth on Wednesday and they should have used waterproof paint as you can’t see the line.

But on a serious not there was lots of Akl based boats fishing the farms on the coromandel side

We have been contacted by Maritime Police regarding people crossing the sea border to go fishing in the mussel farms. Please stay within the Auckland border, most of the people stopped today have got Boat Club stickers - this doesn't look good for our club. They will be patrolling over the coming days and your could face a fine if you are caught over the border. Thank you.
  • Upvote 1