Aqualarm warning systems

Hi there -  picking the 'communal brain" again!! Anyone have experience or opinions on these products. I think their bilge alarms look significantly better and more robust than the rule type and am quite keen to add one to my boat. I also wondered about their multi alarm set ups - they do raw water flow and exhaust temp sensors as well.

https://aqualarm.net/automatic-sys-monitor-c-4/20295-six-systems-monitoring-kit-sngl-with-6-detectors-bell-p-29.html?zenid=dc513fcc8fe971ef0fcf983fea84b6eb

There do not seem to be many off the shelf options which surprises me as forgetting to open the seacock seems to be the way most people manage to cook their engines. Seems like an easier solution than making up my own system, but not cheap, thus I would like to know how reliable it is before spending my money....  Any other solutions or thoughts welcomed.

Support NZ Business! https://smartswitch.co.nz/downloads/specs/BSW 1000.pdf

Call them if needed, Talk to Neil, and tell him Matt Paulin referred you. He designs these (and supplies Raritan their controllers, and other well know devices like Fire Boy). He has bilge systems for one (as above) up to about 16 pump locations IIRC. Also cellular comms for his gear so it can txt you, or you can txt it to turn stuff off/on or get warning/info from/to the boat, if you want that level. 

Neil's a nice guy, and a sailor...

2 hours ago, cornr said:

Hi there -  picking the 'communal brain" again!! Anyone have experience or opinions on these products. I think their bilge alarms look significantly better and more robust than the rule type and am quite keen to add one to my boat. I also wondered about their multi alarm set ups - they do raw water flow and exhaust temp sensors as well.

https://aqualarm.net/automatic-sys-monitor-c-4/20295-six-systems-monitoring-kit-sngl-with-6-detectors-bell-p-29.html?zenid=dc513fcc8fe971ef0fcf983fea84b6eb

There do not seem to be many off the shelf options which surprises me as forgetting to open the seacock seems to be the way most people manage to cook their engines. Seems like an easier solution than making up my own system, but not cheap, thus I would like to know how reliable it is before spending my money....  Any other solutions or thoughts welcomed.

I have the Aqualarm Exhaust and Water Flow fitted.  Water Flow works a treat, no idea if the exhaust temp works - hope I never find out :-)

I have mine wired to the ignition, it's smart enough to detect that the engine has started after muting it and will alarm again if the flow doesn't kick in.

So we can do this sequence:

power on/mute/glow plugs/start

The challenge is teaching the crew "DO NOT MUTE IF ENGINE IS RUNNING" - after racing in big swells we often find it can take up to 5 seconds for the water intake to fill up and prime again and the crew are very used to hitting the mute button.

I couldn't find anyone in NZ that had this combination with all the sensors so ended up importing.

20358 Water Flow and Exhaust Panel, 12v

When I looked SmartSwitch didn't have a inline flow sensor - can't see one on their site now - but if going that path for the display and bilge pump then you can buy the flow sensor from Christchurch here

Thank you for the input. I would prefer local but it looks like they only do the bilge alarm, I will keep it in mind though if I dont go aqualarm. Sounds like the aqua alaarm has been reliable and effective. How long have you had it for?

38 minutes ago, cornr said:

Thank you for the input. I would prefer local but it looks like they only do the bilge alarm, I will keep it in mind though if I dont go aqualarm. Sounds like the aqua alaarm has been reliable and effective. How long have you had it for?

2 years. Installed it as part of the engine replacement, cheap insurance.