Volvo MD2020B fuel leak

Looking at a mates motor yesterday, leaking a fair bit of diesel from what appears to be the threads on top of injectors. 

They seem Uber tight, so I'm assuming they have some kind of olive/crush washer in the stack that you can replace?

Any leads on where to get such items? (alternatives to Ovlov welcomed!)

Cheers

Tranz diesel Silverdale 

just tell him it’s a 2030 out of a digger not a marine  install….I think this is the same as mine so it is a Perkins generic motor and they are really helpful 

worth a call anyway 

5 hours ago, funlovincriminal said:

They seem Uber tight, so I'm assuming they have some kind of olive/crush washer in the stack that you can replace?

As ballystick says, diesel under pressure will get out the tiniest of crevices. 

The high pressure side will be swaged to mate directly to the inlet of the injector - no seal in there.  I would "crack" the inlet pipe union while the engine is running to clear any tiny amount of crap that has got between the pipe union and the injector the last time someone played with it.  Don't fully remove the union!  Just undo it maybe 1/12 to 1/4 of a turn.  Diesel WILL spray everywhere so put a rag over it while you are doing it.  5 to 10 seconds will be ample, then tighten it back up again.

Clean up, and recheck.

If the leak is from the crush washers either side of the diesel return line banjo, they will be standard copper items - any hydraulics or reasonably engineering outlet will have them, take one as a sample.   At a pinch and with a following wind, you can get away with flipping them over.  Be scrupulously clean when pulling it apart and reassembling.  Diesel injectors have a low tolerance for crap.

• Upvote 1

The golden rule is to always replace copper washers.
As said, it is likely to be a swaged end. But it is not uncommon for fuel injector lines to crack. So check that the leak is from the actual seating and not a crack iin the tube at the nut. If it is the swage part leaking, then they need a new end swaged and that is a specific tool. A deisel guy should have one. Or you can buy new fuel lines.

• Upvote 2