Heading to Barrier? Read this.

On 15/12/2021 at 12:56 PM, Zozza said:

Unless you are a Crewdotorg member, what other sailors and boaties would even know that a popular cruising destination such as Tryphena has been banned from anchoring?  99% of people are going to turn up and be confronted with locals roaring out to them and giving them a serve?
That will just raise tensions and cause incidents through utter lack of communication.
Someone tell me I am wrong....happy to hear all sides.

It is all over social media. And actual newspapers.

1 hour ago, SHK said:

Any update on this? The anchoring ban is over a year old now. Would be good to be able to go to Tryphena and Whanga this summer

Still in force.

And they made it tougher. You used to be able to get an permit if you had ample fresh water supply to clean down your chain/anchor. Permits have now been removed.

47557-Exotic-Caulerpa-Revised-CAN-expiry-April-2023-AHUAHU-AMENDMENT.pdf

Blocking anchoring (unless you are prepared to jump through hoops) for that area of Mercury Island is particularly annoying.  These idiots are not going to be able to control jack shyte - it will spread just through natural tidal movement - it's losing battle the ignoramus bunch of twats.  
Combine this with the idiots that run NRC, and this sort of music comes to mind:

I was talking to a couple of guys a few months back who were diving in Whitianga marina to see if the any of the weed had been transported into Whitianga. I mentioned that it would have arrived at the Mercs from the Barrier by means of wind and currents. 

They agreed with me but said they are still going to try and stop the spread. Good luck with that.