Xmas Cruise (C)rush?

As someone who, for various reasons, won't be out on the Hauraki Gulf until february - what's it like out there?

Normal amount of boats parked up overnight? Less? More?

I thought there'd be more than normal (the Covid effect) but I'm not sure...........

very breezy at the Barrier which is starting to get on people's nerves, trying to find an anchorage out of wind, even for lunch.

Port Fitzroy busy but not overly so, good to see a wide variety of yachts out here, not just the big launches, smallest I have seen is a Variant, quite a few Townsons of different sizes, have a Lotus 950 anchored in front of me and a Noelex 30 just astern.

• Like 1

I would say about a normal amount of boats up north. In whangaroa now and managed to fit a 5 boat raft up in lane cove even with our late 4pm arrival so its certainly not jam packed. About 8 or 10 boats with us last night at the Cavallis. Not much wind up here the last week we have been out but amazingly clear water. snorkeled the rainbow warrior this morning. 22m of water and could see it clearly. 

21 hours ago, Black Panther said:

Where are you? Tell Kouma? We are still pondering g when to leave, quite like it here.

Been in Deep Cove last three nights

A mate has been on eastern side of Ruapukia the last few nights and has said that’s been good, sandy beach and good island walk.

probably head to Moturua (Rabbit) Island  today

Then Fitzroy next year

Left Moturua Is (rabbit) at 0900 this morning 

Anchoured in Red Cliffs, 1245

Nice little downwind sail 33nm

Saw 12 to 14kts apparent in the channel doing 9 to 10kts so probably 24kts wind speed

Bon Accord is slowly emptying as lots of fizzyz and yachts that sheltered from the SW,er have now headed North, The Boat club (Cafe) is open some of the time, shortage of staff, the main reason for shorter hours. Many of the bigger fizzys are definitely going slower, probably because of the almost doubling of Diesel prices.

Pretty gusty up top of bonnacord today, had to move early after close encounters with a flybridge launch after the easterly  chg, we had been in same spot 2 days and launch came in late  and anchored close, kept a close watch from 4am till 6 then moved, hard to relax when they are swinging to within 10mtrs of us🤨