Dinghy stolen - orakei boatyard

Make sure you don't go to hospital for a triple bypass operation and overlook an email from the lovely people at STF Limited. They have a contract from Auckland Council to run the boatyard known as The Landing at 10 Takami Drive, Orakei.

I overlooked an email reminding me to pay my rental for dinghy rack 85 next to the toilets.

This afternoon when I went down to use the dinghy to get out to my boat in Hobson Bay my dinghy was gone. So was every little bit of rope and chain etc. Not only that but the whole rack had been cleared of old dinghies and broken inflatables. It had all been swept nicely clean. It looked good.

A nice man I met there who was putting his dinghy away told me it had been cleaned up. The security guard said it was probably done just before Christmas. Nice. I wish they had phoned me.

If anyone knows where my lovely old rivetted and waterproof and unsinkable (styrofoam buoyancy under three seats) parkercraft is, please let me know. Oh, and the oars and ropes and nice new marine Abloy lock.

Agree on the private operator problem. When I phoned Auckland Council they didn't want to know. I finally tracked down the council officer with responsibility for the contract. She said I'm new in the job I know nothing. Seems she gets paid an enormous amount too if her job title is anything to go by.

14 hours ago, waikiore said:

Jonny at Okahu Bay STF will know where they have hidden all the dinghies, amazing how a public owned sight was slipped to a private operator a few years ago with no notification.

STF have been running the site for at least the last 12 years?

10 hours ago, Kevin McCready said:

Agree on the private operator problem. When I phoned Auckland Council they didn't want to know. I finally tracked down the council officer with responsibility for the contract. She said I'm new in the job I know nothing. Seems she gets paid an enormous amount too if her job title is anything to go by.

Have you tried calling their office? Scott the owner is really friendly and I'm sure would assist