Occupancy report required, Chamberlain's Bay 05/01/22

Funny how Chamberlains is called Chamberlains now days,it was always referred to as North Harbour  by the olds and myself,not to be confused with North Cove Kawau,same same shag rock of Rotoroa not the same as Shag Island, Tiritiri Matangi.

Then we got same saying at Te Kouma and others referring to Sugar loaf (coromandel Harbour)ramp area TeKouma ramp.

Confusing I know,can see why Coastguard keep repeating themselves when asking questions.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, aardvarkash10 said:

stopped early at Oranga Bay.  Very pleasant here now - no-one else here.  Out of the swell and wind.  Done three laps of the yacht, its time for lunch.

another place always referred as shark bay.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, harrytom said:

Funny how Chamberlains is called Chamberlains now days,it was always referred to as North Harbour  by the olds and myself,not to be confused with North Cove Kawau,same same shag rock of Rotoroa not the same as Shag Island, Tiritiri Matangi.

Then we got same saying at Te Kouma and others referring to Sugar loaf (coromandel Harbour)ramp area TeKouma ramp.

Confusing I know,can see why Coastguard keep repeating themselves when asking questions.

I've always thought of Chamberlins as the west part of North Harbour.

That's funny because I was wondering where the hell Oranga Bay was. Always known it as Shark Bay. My daughter always wanted to know why it was called Shark Bay,. Could never think of a good story to tell her.

• Upvote 1

In Huse bay tonight 

20 boats in the north end of channel, seen more in a winter weekend 

I think most have gone home or are further a field

14 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

Still in Bon Accord, looks like a moderately busy weekend, might go fishing tomorrow and end up in Mahurangi

What's it like up there now. Our son was heading home this arvo to Pine Harbour.

Left Bon accord when the rain stopped, great sailing down to Blackpool in time for dinner ashore. 

Sadly the Xmas cruise is coming to an end.  looks like we will be motoring in light wind back to the marina tomorrow.