Anchor alarm app

I highly rate this for Android. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.slimjimsoftware.anchoralert

You can set an exclusion zones, eg if you're worried about swinging into something, a forecast wind shift or a tide change. 

You can set the anchor distance and direction based on current location. 

And it can send txt warning messages, although I feel by the time I got a txt and got back to the boat it would all be to late, so haven't tried this feature....

7 hours ago, CarpeDiem said:

I highly rate this for Android. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.slimjimsoftware.anchoralert

You can set an exclusion zones, eg if you're worried about swinging into something, a forecast wind shift or a tide change. 

You can set the anchor distance and direction based on current location. 

And it can send txt warning messages, although I feel by the time I got a txt and got back to the boat it would all be to late, so haven't tried this feature....

Thanks for the suggestions so far. @CarpeDiemthis one looks great. Expensive - but I believe in paying for good apps, especially one as essential as this. Unfortunately I can’t locate it in the Apple store 😟.

We use anchor lite, the free version of anchor pro.  For most situations it's fine BUT you do need to make sure your phone power setting allows it to stay on when the screen goes off, otherwise it switches off...

You then need to have your phone on charge.

2 hours ago, Lindsay said:

Thanks for the suggestions so far. @CarpeDiemthis one looks great. Expensive - but I believe in paying for good apps, especially one as essential as this. Unfortunately I can’t locate it in the Apple store 😟.

It's Android only.  https://slimjimsoftware.co.uk/

You could pick up a dirt cheap Android phone with GPS and have a dedicated hard wired anchor alert console at the nav station. 

Can't speak for any of the apple apps... 

1 hour ago, Zozza said:

Do you set the alarm at the bow when dropping your anchor....or wait till you are dug in and set it at the cockpit?

With the one I referred to above, you point your phone it at the anchor and enter the scope length.   It uses the phones compass.

So I don't need to worry about remembering when dropping the anchor.  I generally set it up just before bed. 

I have to remember to add the length of the boat to my scope cause the phone lives in the stern beside my head :)

56 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

When anchored drop the dinghy anchor . Run the cable down the forward hatch and tie it to a tin can. Done.

Anti-Tech Spencer Owners Inc.  Motto:  "If it can't be done with a sheet of ply and a litre of gin, don't do it."

• Haha 1