Tracker 7.7 Alan Wright

14 hours ago, ex Elly said:

There were around 150 Trackers built. Some wood, some fibreglass, some home built. But yes, Craddock would have built most of the fibreglass ones.

Most glass Trackers were built by Phil Wilson who was in partnership with Alan Wright. 

41 minutes ago, marinheiro said:

Most glass Trackers were built by Phil Wilson who was in partnership with Alan Wright. 

I didn't know that. Phil Wilson definitely built the first Tracker, which was wood.

1 hour ago, ex Elly said:

I didn't know that. Phil Wilson definitely built the first Tracker, which was wood.

that would have been the plug, from the days when they used to build a real boat as the plug, not carve it out from a hunk of foam.

I had a look thru my old magazine collection, being a hoarder archivist of old boating magazines. There was a writeup in Sea Spray Feb 75 on the Tracker.

GRP hull & decks were moulded by Sandglass Productions, fitout by Pacific Line Yachts (who did the marketing, I believe Wright and Wilson were involved here but now not 100% sure, maybe more details in the book "Wrighty") with a Marine Cabinet Makers pre-fab interior.

You could get Hull & Decks mouldings for $4,280 or Phil Wilson would sell you a timber frame pack for $625!

• Like 1
On 21/02/2022 at 11:28 AM, marinheiro said:

I think you mean most of the wooden boats were built by Phil Wilson, many of these were sold as kitset frame packs, he never built glass Trackers. Glass Hulls from 1975 to approx mid 80 were moulded by Sandglass productions and finished by Mike Bentley and Malcom Booth's company Pacific Line Yachts. Craddock didn't get involved until mid 1980's. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Muzza said:

I think you mean most of the wooden boats were built by Phil Wilson, many of these were sold as kitset frame packs, he never built glass Trackers. Glass Hulls from 1975 to approx mid 80 were moulded by Sandglass productions and finished by Mike Bentley and Malcom Booth's company Pacific Line Yachts. Craddock didn't get involved until mid 1980's. 

see my follow up post 22 Feb above...

Hi

I Have a tracker out of the water in storage in Auckland 

Complete just needs assembly 

Comes with all sails 

Inboard Diesel motor with Volvo penta sail drive and many spares 

Any offers please contact if interested 

021 251 9874