Altex Sea-Zone 60

No 5 never "self polished" for me, useless for racing because you cant wipe it without massive amounts coming off, and it doesn't hold up that well in the tidal parts of the harbour.  It's OK but Jotun seaforce 90 was/is better. Some boats have had 3 full seasons and only repainting after 4 years. Not sure if its still available.

Seaforce isn't ablative like No.5 and is claimed to be more durable and suitable for estaurine situations as well. I didn't have a good run with No.5 either. Unsure if an undercoat has to be applied or if it can go over existing antifoul, this would make a big difference for me as I don't want to sand everything off, apply undercoat and then the antifoul as I have recently had that done already.

On 1/04/2022 at 5:58 PM, ballystick said:

Seaforce isn't ablative like No.5 and is claimed to be more durable and suitable for estaurine situations as well. I didn't have a good run with No.5 either. Unsure if an undercoat has to be applied or if it can go over existing antifoul, this would make a big difference for me as I don't want to sand everything off, apply undercoat and then the antifoul as I have recently had that done already.

Maybe approach them and tell them you have a captive audience and want to give it a go ? You may get a special on top of the special already available. 

Recently tried Altex #5, after 6 months its sh*t, looks like its a feeding medium for barnacles and other maritime molluscs.  Previously tried Micron 66, then Micron 77 (which definitely wasn't  11 better than 66), next round I will have a go with Hempel.

On 3/04/2022 at 8:18 PM, Cameron said:

yep... found out who all my mates were... and had to do it all by myself!

What a pitty I didn't still live up your way. I would have been more than happy to come give a hand......

......by directing you to areas you missed, point out how hard such a job is and make bad attempts at humor. Bascially show that "Crew" mates would never leave you in the lurch like that.

• Haha 5