Careful with that Silicone AntiFoul

On 11/05/2022 at 12:21 AM, MartinRF said:

Kim Klaka used to hang out on rec.boats on Usenet.

He is (used to be?) a researcher at an institute or uni in western Australia. Lars Larsson used to be a hydrodynamics professor at the university I got my degrees at (*). My brother was one of his PhD students. My brother met Kim Klaka during a trip down under in 1995.

Now this pops up here. Small planet :-)

/Martin

*) My boat was built in the workshop of the marine engineering department of that university.

Usenet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

Hello Martin, yes I am still around! I retired from Academia 12 years ago. Re friction and boundary layers (and other yacht design topics)  I published an ebook 3 years ago that might be of interest to forum readers. Not sure of the forum policies on advertising so I will just say that if you Google my name and yacht design, it will get you there. Dr Kim Klaka

On 29/10/2023 at 12:10 PM, Kim Klaka said:

Hello Martin, yes I am still around! I retired from Academia 12 years ago. Re friction and boundary layers (and other yacht design topics)  I published an ebook 3 years ago that might be of interest to forum readers. Not sure of the forum policies on advertising so I will just say that if you Google my name and yacht design, it will get you there. Dr Kim Klaka

Hello indeed,

Found your web site. It looks like there is some fun reading to be had there. I will 'bookmark' it.

/Martin

1 hour ago, Guest said:

. The new hard  silane- siloxane epoxy grafted  coatings seem to have more promise.

Hi. Can you provide more info for Luddites like me?  What us this how does it work. Why is it more promising?