Sealant for fuel filler

Long story (wont bore you with the details) but I need to rebed the new fuel filler (Diesel).

Butyl seems to be a favourite - except for fuel fillers (because it breaks down the butyl when spilt).

Havent foumnd a clear answer on whats best for a fuel filler - Sika or Silicone seem to be an option.....anyone done this before?

Thanks

qiYTDV21dRNtVCHpncZ3kk2hq5BpTowQax56vjoFqHKlmfHhWN_GaHmrOIHhXtDwDhTQNUrMHdG79eT2ER4c5Fqy_lvokrRtQgo_rKVEGUC3-3DT2OqCS_elXdInzqbZ491Qab8hHbky72Q7hl5meJGceZfZI9z17L0usYSoSKM5ab1S8i7RzbU5A9xHF-XIAIKdnOmqpsHFsgtSFuTDNSTR_lw5odBrCX-mQTS6SnQX3GMhx8LYYSo-4z2YA0wL2woEgst-RXJv2jJEDAawxPQwqOCaYLQccXWxZmTj1gpkrdMrP6qRXtTXtJyjqXdVHUeIuA_a7S12CoHsNlbXpmpPZMEzjNxqtJ7ExO3_gF984OtKV6QNKi_T9BYHy3i1Uhq9N_ksjrSOoFnWLpJYcLxiUgY_k67mbVXFHvkaAVQQlgzHk-4DdMMTb7OGPPgofztGYW8iHCg7dS5rb-ikYzOGbfODTVglzlWUpJLdpy8cQUWvfhXepYTE4sU1bT8R3_jXuTQEQ_9dHLkrmDEoDcJDVlf4_J_dnVi4ySMUY2fA_l7Ck6SZSwQxFSA4n_1NkEVIfQo5ALEONRCjQAbwy-7MI_p5swW4orOLWgVHiX8x2hAiXLODhMSmsvGyoemdm_e9dVu2IDX0I0Mzk9S7yj39U_OdblcDAO6Qkyqzil3f8gFhZycyvWwjret3ndAuf-CuwrDmO1dlVbi8smOFgCu-D1_ptH4EC40guKosPGbkNpkh_XJosFnO9f3q=w660-h880-no?authuser=0 

This is on the transom. As you can see the neck sits proud of the deck - ordinarily this would be a pain, but because of the placement of it, it will never cause a trip hazard. I felt that the proud neck also offers some protection against water ingress - those flush fillers are fine - but you are relying on the rubber ring in the cap to stop water getting in. 

Anyway when I took this one off - there was no gasket (this was a late 80s design and the filler had probably never been off.

Looks like silicone *might* have been what was used and to be fair it had lasted well with no signs of leaking - but wondered what the modern solution is these days.

Oh filler  .. Fark I read, filter, sorry... 

Nitrile Rubber. Cut it to shape and use leather hole punch for the screw holes. 

I would use butyl tape on the very inside 3mm of the gasket ring as a last defense against water ingress, and use a cut to size nitrile gasket for the rest.