Crew Wanted For Cruising Hauraki Gulf and Islands

Hi, I have a 40ft Fountaine Pajot cruising catamaran moored at Bucklands Beach, Auckland with which I have been sailing throughout the Hauraki Gulf and to Great Barrier Island, Kawau Island etc. I often have space for extra crew whether experienced, semi experienced or new to sailing. If you are interested in joining us for day, weekend or long weekend trips please message me for details. 

20221002_100615.thumb.jpg.5be3a88bcab46481ec0b3c82b681daab.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi Stewart,

Sounds like an amazing vessel!

I would definitely be keen on daytrips and eventually weekend trips, but i would be of the latter that is new to sailing and eager to learn.

Please send me a personal message if interested in having me come aboard :)

Best regards
Nicolai

Just completed a very enjoyable day out yesterday with James and Nicolai. Excellent crew members and new friends. Variable north easterlies up to 19 knots so quite nice sailing although a little chilly.

Lunch was enjoyed at Waikalabubu Bay, Motutapu Island with some hot soup and ham and cheese crusty rolls and great conversation before returning to Bucklands Beach via Rangitoto Channel.

There's room for a few more crew members to join us throughout summer for some great trips out on the water. We welcome experienced, semi experienced and total newbie crew for experience sharing and learning with a big helping of fun added in.

Please contact me if you are interested in joining us out there on the water.

Stewart

Hi Stewart,

I am interested in sailing on your beautiful cat in the Hauraki Gulf, which is my childhood stomping grounds. I grew up in Bucklands Beach, where I began sailing in P classes from the age of 7 and have since done several ocean crossings, including a solo circumnavigation of the world. You could say sailing is in my blood. My sisters and I are having a family reunion in Half Moon bay in January next year, and I thought it could be a good opportunity to get out on the water for a while.
Can you please send more details?

Cheers,

Jacquie Hope

On 12/10/2022 at 11:37 PM, Jacqueline Hope said:

Hi Stewart,

I am interested in sailing on your beautiful cat in the Hauraki Gulf, which is my childhood stomping grounds. I grew up in Bucklands Beach, where I began sailing in P classes from the age of 7 and have since done several ocean crossings, including a solo circumnavigation of the world. You could say sailing is in my blood. My sisters and I are having a family reunion in Half Moon bay in January next year, and I thought it could be a good opportunity to get out on the water for a while.
Can you please send more details?

Cheers,

Jacquie Hope

Thought of turning the book you wrote about your singlehanded circumnavigation into an eBook, Jacqui?

Amazing days sailing with Bruno and Bridgette on Saturday 3rd June 2023. Slight south westerlys in morning built steadily through the day and we recorded gusts of 36 knots which we handled well with double reefed main and around one third Genoa. Returned to Bucklands Beach for 4pm. 

If there's anyone out there wants to join our group please feel free to get in touch for details. I'll be sailing when possible throughout winter and have some longer sails planned for summer.

Stewart

Sailing Murdina.