Throttle Assembly

Can anyone point me to the inside throttle assembly for a typical yacht? 

I need to replace mine and I want to use the Spinlock control. But I can't work out what to put on the inside. 

Ours imploded tonight when switching to reverse and the throttle got jammed at a 100% full ahead unable to move or slow. We had a near miss with a fizz boat that was coming out of the marina.  So near that our prod swept across their cockpit and someone literally ducked under the prod. Killed the engine and managed to get a rope round a pile... Sheesh! 

Maybe some more detail of the unit on your boat?

I had a similar experience backing out of a marina berth in Havlock, collected two launches an a pile in the process. Not a nice feeling!

Turned out to be a cable clamp, bracket that had come free from a mount on a bulkhead next the the motor. Allowed the cable to bend without moving the lever on the gearbox. Nothing to do with lever in cockpit.

Ouch.

Mine is definitely the handle/lever inside mechanism. It's now in more pieces than it started the day.

It's dual cable driven. One for the throttle one for the gear box.

I don't know what model I currently have. 

I just want to replace the whole thing but I would like to be able to put the Spinlock control on the outside...

Spinlock says it needs a Teleflex mechanism but I can't find much about it online. 

I replaced my throttle controller to a spin lock one in February. The mechanism I used is this one https://www.marine-deals.co.nz/catalogsearch/result/?q=SeaStar+B700Ss+Side+Mount+Control then you use the spin lock exterior - https://fostersshipchandlery.co.nz/products/spinlock-atcu-winch-handle-throttle-control

All works really well and a lot smoother than the old system! Nice upgrade. PM me if you have any questions. We did need a bit of reglassing to make the new one fit, as the old hole was quite a bit bigger.

• Upvote 1

I got a sharp deal at Fosters when I upgraded recently, youll need the specific mechanism and Spinlock part as mentioned. It  was under a boat dollar and I could not be happier with how it works so a good deal all around.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Psyche said:

it all depends on the mechanism, some fit and some dont. 

Yep.

My inside mechanism is in pieces.  It seems to be some kind of compound fiber/resin/poly construction.

From the photos I have seen it wouldn't of been compatible. But it's irrelevant now... 

On 5/09/2022 at 7:55 AM, Psyche said:

I got a sharp deal at Fosters when I upgraded recently, youll need the specific mechanism and Spinlock part as mentioned. It  was under a boat dollar and I could not be happier with how it works so a good deal all around.

Did you use all the offset spacers? The body I got lines up perfectly with the spinlock holes... 

Do you just have the body suspended by the same screws that hold the spinlock plate on?