U2

I can do that too Booboo.

I turned up at home once with photos of the new boat I had just bought, on seeing them Claire remained unconvinced. The other hull was behind a different factory and the rig was nestled among the pines.

Note the spacious and comfy interior.

F40 is still going strong, now white and racing in Norway.

f401.jpg

f402.jpg

The Hooters looked about the same sitting off Glendowie too. Whats with the GBE's from back in the day not being looked after? Is it the last of the socks n sandle multihullers too high to use their boats? :lol:

I would encourage you not to bother.

the boat is stuffed from neglect.

For somebody to just stand by and watch a boat fall into that condition disgusts me.

When we approached him to see if he would sell he wasn't interested.

what a dick.

I hope he never gets any money for it and it sinks to the bottom to rest in peace.

end of rant.

Sounds a bit like the one off Keeler in the westhaven Mooring area- It got mentioned on here by someone last year. Looks a bit like a modernised 1/4 tonner. i forget it's name. Tan in colour.

Cool looking little boat- but heard that when he was approached he wanted an outragous sum for it....And so it sits dieing.

What I can't figure out - is the owner must be paying the mooring fees there to let it die.

Why to people do that?!

you might be thinking of depthcharge, looks like it could be turned back into an awesome boat. must be worth only a couple of grand now i should think

you might be thinking of depthcharge, looks like it could be turned back into an awesome boat. must be worth only a couple of grand now i should think

Yep thats it.... I keep going past it thinking ." that looks like it was a fun boat once".....

And it sits there growing weed. Absolute shame.... like the U2.

Someone deserves a smack round the ear hole.

Re Depth Charge.

The owner pulled her out and took her home last month. Don't knock Chris, he is an original thinker and that leads to definite attitudes and opinions.

Re Depth Charge.

The owner pulled her out and took her home last month. Don't knock Chris, he is an original thinker and that leads to definite attitudes and opinions.

Stoked to hear that...She is a cool looking boat- it would be very cool to see her out on the water in use.

It was sad to see her sitting growing weed....Looked like a capable boar going to waste.

Is he intending to tidy her up again, or ........?

Well its a shame to say it, but all of you who warned me at the start of the year about the boat and it 'owner' were right. Still no call or email to say that the boats comming out for a massive over haul. What a shame.

There's a cute looking little boat on a swing mooring on the left hand side of the Mana Esplinade as you head north on SH1 from Wellington just before you reach Mana. Its called 'KATE'. It's not a sail boat so I'm not really sure why I feel sorry for it, but have watched it quietly deteriorate over the past few years. Does anyone know anything about it? Who owns it? or even what it is? It looks sort of like a miniature tug boat. Cute wee wheel house, chimney etc....

GPS fix of the mooring is: 41*06'14.2S 174*52'08.10E

There's a cute looking little boat on a swing mooring on the left hand side of the Mana Esplinade as you head north on SH1 from Wellington just before you reach Mana. Its called 'KATE'. It's not a sail boat so I'm not really sure why I feel sorry for it, but have watched it fall into a sorry state of neglect over the past few years. Does anyone know anything about it? Who owns it? or even what it is? It looks sort of like a miniature tug boat. Cute wee wheel house, chimney etc....

GPS fix of the mooring is: 41*06'14.2S 174*52'08.10E

The little double ender ?

It has some one keeping an eye on it, there was problems with some of the "local" kids climbing on and trying to tip it over and generally making a nuisance of them selves, the boat was moved for a while but is back again now seems the be kept ok. Never seen it being used but is taken out to be anti fouled regularly

Archived