U2

A few references to price back at the early stages (page two) of this thread RushMan. Although the rest of it has a distinct hint of "run away and don't look back"... :thumbdown:

If one was considering this as a project, what would be the costs of materials involved to get it to a harbor racing standard?

Paint

Tramps

Sails

Standing rigging

Running rigging

Safety gear

Motor

Time on the hard

Guest Crafty 1
If one was considering this as a project, what would be the costs of materials involved to get it to a harbor racing standard?

Paint

Tramps

Sails

Standing rigging

Running rigging

Safety gear

Motor

Time on the hard

Hell no!... Jus spway an sail away!... look mould dying :lol:

you forgot Osmosis repair.

Some Sails might be OK if not on boat?

She is not the only one sinking slowly on her mooring, I think the only reason horse floats is that she has 12 hours a day when she sits on the sand and drains out. I'd say U2 is to far gone to be worth even thinking about, considering how cheap some of the tidy gbe's are. You would spend $15k + on a basic set of sails and $25k + if you want to come out racing and be competive.

Paint 5- 10k

Tramps 2-3 k

Sails 15 -25

Standing rigging maybe nothing but i doubt it .

Running rigging 2k+

Safety gear 2k

Motor 3k

Time on the hard depends on where you haul her out

your looking at around 30-45 k plus the buy price plus all the pain of actually doing the work. just buy one of the loved ones that are way to cheap when you consider what you get and come sailing tomorrow.

A few references to price back at the early stages (page two) of this thread RushMan. Although the rest of it has a distinct hint of "run away and don't look back"... :thumbdown:

As I am from the other side of the ditch...

"tell him he's dreaming" (the Castle, 1997)

Booger, thanks for the info.

It would be worth almost $nil I suspect. Given this might be worth $50k in top racing order it just wouldnt make sense to do. Booger has most bits covered but you would want to allow lots for extras especially if it is water damaged :

- new electrics

- squabs

- deck hardware

If you are anything like me if youve done 80% of the refit you would spend the money and do the rest - so you want to allow for incidentals as well.

Suspect it would verge on uneconomical unless you got it for nix and could do nearly everything yourself.

What happens if it sinks and the harbour master gets involved to re float it'? Would they take the boat of him and destroy it or let someone work on it?

Either the owner pays the Harbour Masters bills or they seize the boat and try to recover their expenses.

If it got to the stage of sinking they wouldn't be able to get enough for it in that state to defray expenses.

I'd suggest that's why the Harbourmaster doesn't want to let it go on much longer.

Like Booger said there are plenty of nice ones for sale at the moment, like Freedom at $33k after its all just been done up.

Archived