Bay of islands summer rules

Hi

Does anyone have the lowdown on the BOI for cruising over summer in regards to antifoul rules... Does the boat just need to be cleaned x amount of time before leaving Auckland? Or antifouled within x time? 

They have dived on mine when I didnt have a receipt out in the Bay at anchor , they came up and said its spotless after I refused to let them board. No power to stop you unless you are a marina person, and I believe have given up the spot diving lately as all the nasty creatures are in the bay and in fact they have introduced the square barnacles which are still rare in Auckland. 

What about Great Barrier, specifically Tryphena?  Got handed a notice as I was milling around Gulf Harbour Marina Xmas last year, that some authority basically said to not bother trying to anchor in Tryphena due to some infestation of something

38 minutes ago, Zozza said:

What about Great Barrier, specifically Tryphena?  Got handed a notice as I was milling around Gulf Harbour Marina Xmas last year, that some authority basically said to not bother trying to anchor in Tryphena due to some infestation of something

Bit of a thread hijack Zozza :-) ... probably worthy of a new thread...

Still no anchoring at the three bays and if you do you have to get a permit to move your boat.

A large area at Great Mercury is also controlled by the same notice, but you are allowed to wash your anchor and warp down with fresh water before moving on from there.

Best to just avoid all the areas in the notice.

image.png.ac67c2c8252e52ac9eb4e9360ff27482.png

image.png.e11f2928aef15220d1ce51d054001b3d.pngimage.png.d2f5a9f9f2cc320e2e3cc268f88b95ee.png

image.thumb.png.b790c069a794e1077d3f34fa065eeed1.png