Suggestions for person to install Windvane on mast - Gulf Harbour

Hi Team

We've just bought a new Garmin EchoMap 75 and I would also like to get the matching windvane.

Before I buy that and have no way of installing it, can anyone suggest a person/engineer/handyman that could install it?

Would involve climbing mast of our Ross 830, im happy to assist, even to go up (my weight notwithstanding :)with suitable advice etc....

Boat is at Gulf Harbour.

cf-lg-739f5b1a-3ea5-4a97-84d8-ece8fc9386

Island Time would be a suitable person to assist. I don't think it would be easy to pull over on a halyard even if it had a lifting keel. Rigging companies often fit windgear for owners, try a local firm from the hardstand area there or use the main halyard and bosun's chair with an assistant to get to the top of the mast.

On 26/11/2022 at 7:35 AM, ballystick said:

Island Time would be a suitable person to assist. I don't think it would be easy to pull over on a halyard even if it had a lifting keel. Rigging companies often fit windgear for owners, try a local firm from the hardstand area there or use the main halyard and bosun's chair with an assistant to get to the top of the mast.

I can tell you from first hand experience that an 830 with a lifting keel up will very easily roll over with a little weight to the top of the rig.... will try to find the photos so you can all have a laugh 😃 

1 minute ago, Cheap Transport said:

I can tell you from first hand experience that an 830 with a lifting keel up will very easily roll over with a little weight to the top of the rig.... will try to find the photos so you can all have a laugh 😃 

Thank you. Problem is we dont have a lifting up keel :)