Temp Depth Transducer ideas

Tai

So my ancient depth transducer does not work, I've had the boat (stewart 34) about 7 months now and it never has.

I had thought it was a standard thru hull type that you can swap out the insert on, but on closer inspection it is all one piece. 

I dont want to haul out until after the summer so I'm thinking of mounting one on a pole attached to the pushpit.

only really need it when anchoring so it would be raised when sailing. 

It would need to connect direct into the nmea2000/seatalkng network or the axiom 9 (with a very long cable) .

Any ideas for something cost effective that I can reuse in the hull later or should I just be buying one of those cheep portable sounders? 

I know the last owner of your boat and I think he had some troubles with a broken wire on the depthsounder. I think he put a new plug on the end of the cable, so you should check those connections. 

• Like 1

Yea I've been hunting down most of his dodgy wiring fixes and have redone that one but still no go. I'm over trying to get the old one to work now, and even if I did I still want the data on the network eventually. 

I guess if I can get it working  it's the cheapest option, but the best I've had so far is a stuck reading of around 25M. Maybe I'll have one more attempt..