Fuel in Milford and Doubtful Sounds

I am not up on the latest... but the manager at the Deep Cove hostel used to manage diesel sales in Deep Cove... Double check with DOC Te Anau

From Memory Milford was all BP so maybe check with BP Te Anau or BP on line

6 hours ago, darkside said:

Thanks, got a response overnight from the ranger and all good at Doubtful.

Fiordland Lobster saying Milford diesel only for commercial operators but we will see.

The wharf at Doubtful is a bit Gnarly from memory and you may need to time it for when the a tour boat is away. Usually there during the middle of the day.

There were two outlets in Milford, the Lobster co in the Deepwater basin and the one the tour operators use in Freshwater basin. There was a time when you could time it right and get fuel from freshwater basin... at one time, I was very intimate with the fuel supply in the Freshwater basin... but that is a story to be told over a beer. 

First trip in the area, you will enjoy. It is on my list to revisit in a few years when I retire and can take a few months about it.

Do you have your copy of "Beneath Reflections" 14MB and "Stewart Island - Rakiura Cruising Guide" 9MB..?

52 minutes ago, darkside said:

Thanks and yes both those guides are near the helm

We did a Pure Salt/Flightless charter last year in Dusky and are really keen to explore on our own boat.

I am jealous... but my turn will come, have fun.