Specific locker hinge wanted

Thanks all - kind offer alibaba but I need the long short version, and I have secured one now so all good!

For future reference, its a Chatfield Engineering item, good NZ product from the North Shore.  Chrome over bronze, solid af unless you don't lube the hinge...

2 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

Thanks all - kind offer alibaba but I need the long short version, and I have secured one now so all good!

For future reference, its a Chatfield Engineering item, good NZ product from the North Shore.  Chrome over bronze, solid af unless you don't lube the hinge...

Knock the pin out and replace?

Chatfields is a great place - my Townson was launched in 1976 and I seems almost all the deck fittings etc were from there - been going there for a while now and they still produce most of the fittings that they did back in the 70’s - clears bollards etc are exactly the same! 

super helpful guys too…..even had the lug bolts for my stern gland that I thought was a one off piece. Turns out they made them and still produce them. 

20 hours ago, aardvarkash10 said:

More faffing about than it is worth, might have done it if a proper replacement wasn't available though.

In view of the price per item, I will now be making sure ALL the CEL hinges and equipment on SO are serviced and lubricated to minimise the risk of any further breakages...

Screenshot_2022-12-12-10-35-03-733_me.bluemail.mail.jpg

The OP is a classic CEL long/short hinge made of polished brass and heavily chrome plated, with a 316 pin.  They were about $40.00 a pair retail till 2006 but we sold them by the thousand!

They dont like too much salt build up or lack of exercise. There are  now investment cast 316 versions available that dont tend to seize -Southern Seas Marine supply them on the gold coast for less than half the price above, and I believe that Tenob do local copies in plastic. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, waikiore said:

The OP is a classic CEL long/short hinge made of polished brass and heavily chrome plated, with a 316 pin.  They were about $40.00 a pair retail till 2006 but we sold them by the thousand!

They dont like too much salt build up or lack of exercise. There are  now investment cast 316 versions available that dont tend to seize -Southern Seas Marine supply them on the gold coast for less than half the price above, and I believe that Tenob do local copies in plastic. 

They are beautiful - a real piece of marine bling.  But priced like they are from Cartier as well.

If I was doing a complete refit, I'd go to the FRP ones and just accept having to replace them every 3 or 4 years.  I'd still be quids in and able to afford rum.