Nmea 0183 to N2k converter

I'm sure it's been asked multiple times but I'm looking for the above, preferably sourced locally. Fairly simple set up of B&G Vulcan and DST Triton package - I'm simply wanting to link my older Navico 300c tiller pilot (same as earlier TP32) to steer to a preset waypoint. I sailed on a R930 with this exact set up so I know it can be done, just need a converter. 

Would this do the trick? 

https://www.lusty-blundell.co.nz/product-group/13392-actisense-ngw-1-nmea-2000-0183/category/1755-converters

If not, recommendations please. 

1 hour ago, Cheap Transport said:

I'm sure it's been asked multiple times but I'm looking for the above, preferably sourced locally. Fairly simple set up of B&G Vulcan and DST Triton package - I'm simply wanting to link my older Navico 300c tiller pilot (same as earlier TP32) to steer to a preset waypoint. I sailed on a R930 with this exact set up so I know it can be done, just need a converter. 

Would this do the trick? 

https://www.lusty-blundell.co.nz/product-group/13392-actisense-ngw-1-nmea-2000-0183/category/1755-converters

If not, recommendations please. 

I have one of those if you want it ?  Funnily enough I got it off the owner before you of meanstreak . It was free with a furler so happy to pay it forward ….minus the furler 😂

I have that converter for my B&G Vulcan with a Precision 9 compass, the converter works well with the Nexus NMEA0183 depth, speed, wind and angles but one time I managed to get the Nexus compass info through for the AP and the slow reaction time was too much to hold a smooth course. Waypoints might be OK

To get really good AP responses, really you want a 10hz heading, preferred corrected for roll, pitch and yaw. Nmea0183 can't do that, it's not fast enough. However, that is a good converter. For best results, use the minimum number of nmea 0183 sentences possible to control the pilot. 

• Like 1