Any dinghies for sale? 'glass or timber preferred

I'm over inflatables.  I've spent two weeks chasing a leak and I've had it.  Bloody thing has fittings that fall off at will,  rows like a balloon and I'm looking forward to burning it and dancing naked around the flames.

So I'm looking for a 2.4 - 2.7m tender.  Could be interested in a sailing dinghy that can be motored and rowed as required.  Doesn't need to be beautiful, does need to be usable.

That wouldn't be an old soft bottom Aquapro would it? Had all the handles fall off mine and then the transom nearly fell off with the o/b still attached. They were being made in China for a while. Bought a locally made Aquapro rigid bottom and was fantastic. 

35 minutes ago, chariot said:

That wouldn't be an old soft bottom Aquapro would it? Had all the handles fall off mine and then the transom nearly fell off with the o/b still attached. They were being made in China for a while. Bought a locally made Aquapro rigid bottom and was fantastic. 

No, an alloy floor Aakron.  Tried several places to get it repaired they all laughed.  Actually, some of them swore.  I'm tossing up getting it retubed locally, but I'm never buying an Aakron again.  This is the second that just gave up on a huge area of seam.  Stored under cover and everything....