LEWMAR WINCH PARTS

Does anyone know if there are still parts to be had for Lewmar Wavegrip genoa winches. I have a pair of two speed self-tailing size 43. The jaws on this model are fixed, not sprung, like some of the more modern ones, and they are getting a bit worn and not gripping too well. When I stripped them down for a service, the rest of the parts seem pretty good, and the price for new ones is scary.

The internet has not been of any help, those places which  I have found, have a few parts , but not the jaws.

Otherwise, has anyone refurbished the jaws on their winches successfully - with coarse wet and dry/etc?

Can't get them haven't been able to for around 20 yrs if they are the alloy cast version plastic ones would be at least 15years since they were available. 43 was a real common size so you would be lucky to find anything out there.

It is a possibility that you could use the worn ones as a pattern (cleaned up and modified to eliminate any wear marks) and have replacements cast, alloy or bronze. I did that successfully with some alloy parts from a buggered french anchor windlass. If you did decide to go down that road, with thee future in mind get 2 sets cast.

• Upvote 1
On 9/01/2023 at 4:28 AM, alibaba said:

Does anyone know if there are still parts to be had for Lewmar Wavegrip genoa winches. I have a pair of two speed self-tailing size 43. The jaws on this model are fixed, not sprung, like some of the more modern ones, and they are getting a bit worn and not gripping too well. When I stripped them down for a service, the rest of the parts seem pretty good, and the price for new ones is scary.

The internet has not been of any help, those places which  I have found, have a few parts , but not the jaws.

Otherwise, has anyone refurbished the jaws on their winches successfully - with coarse wet and dry/etc?

Hi!

I`m curious about the wavegrips (jaws) that were worn. I´ve 2  pieces of 48ST, that have worn jaws.

Did You success? and how in that case

No- unfortunately I was unable to get anywhere. I always was with Maxwell winches, but not Lewmars of that age. I've solved the problem in one way though, I've just increased the size of my genoa sheets, which has the added advantage in that they give my aged hands a more comfortable grip/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1