Simrad AP25 - capacitor replacement / electrical work

Maybe. If you have an AP25, what is your MFD/Plotter. Later versions have no specific AP controller, the plotter/mfd is one, the software is included. Alternatively, there are multiple models of AP controllers available, depending on what AP computer unit you have. If the drive unit is OK, it could be used with any system upgrade.

Give me a call if you wish to discuss - I'm a Simrad and B&G tech dealer. Based in Gulf Harbour. Ph 0221539176. If it were me I would not repair this controller.

The NSS3 has the AP controller software. Should work with the AC20 IIRC, but the AC20 is quite old compared to the NSS! So, Firstly the AC20 must be visible on the device list for the N2K. To do thatm the gear icon 2 x, then network, device list. Can you see the AC20 on the list?

If you can't it may not be connected - check the network cabling, and ensure it's on the bus. Simnet IS N2K...

Where are you located?

Matt

On 16/01/2023 at 5:08 PM, Aio said:

Looking for someone who can replace 2x capacitors on my AP25 unit as I believe that this will likely fix the issue I am having.

Thanks

Do you have a photo of the capacitors in question? 

On 16/01/2023 at 9:50 PM, Island Time said:

The NSS3 has the AP controller software. Should work with the AC20 IIRC, but the AC20 is quite old compared to the NSS! So, Firstly the AC20 must be visible on the device list for the N2K. To do thatm the gear icon 2 x, then network, device list. Can you see the AC20 on the list?

If you can't it may not be connected - check the network cabling, and ensure it's on the bus. Simnet IS N2K...

Where are you located?

Matt

Hi Matt - back in Auckland. It's not showing on the NSS, but I've borrowed someone's spare AP16 which is working and showing on the NSS. I'm guessing I need to find a way to get the AP20 onto the NSS bus... 

Alternatively, what would you recommend replacing it with?

On 22/02/2023 at 11:36 AM, Aio said:

Hi Matt - back in Auckland. It's not showing on the NSS, but I've borrowed someone's spare AP16 which is working and showing on the NSS. I'm guessing I need to find a way to get the AP20 onto the NSS bus... 

Alternatively, what would you recommend replacing it with?

So the AP is simnet and the NSS3 is NMEA2000, Which are basically the same with different connections. Is the simnet network actually connected to the NSS3?