Somewhere in Northland

Guest Saturday Night Special

She a super skinny number with a floppy dangler going in?

Seems skinny but it maybe the photo playing tricks.

Give us some numbers to suss. Beam, weight, mast hight, girlfriends cell number, beer fridge capacity... all the usuals ;)

Beer fridge is Custom Built Esky doubling as foot step in hatchway 3.1m beam so is camera playing tricks Mr Mcduff does not have Floppy Dangler but a board and bulb 1.8m below hull mast is out of a 930 (one that replaced it with a carbon one) main is off Grunt Machine the new big one that did not measure. Kites are from 18s and Elliot 1050. weight is 1500kg 470kg in the bulb thanks to Mike Rees .Outboard is over the transom Deck gear is mostly custom harken and Harken pre radial winches

Was hard yakka moving 9mm sheets of ply round by my self to get them in place on the scarfs and glued down . looking to be in the tide for around 25k mid next year.

Ah ha, it's all coming back to me now. Yeap, the camera does seem to be taking a few 100 mm off the beam.

I've considered your Specs and agree you're doing the right thing, that is a damn good spot for the beverage container. I have to go down into mine to get to the fridge and closer would be a lot handier for sure, less walking for the crew :)

25K, that is damn good going, well done indeed. Also a testament to the good old Kiwi back shed give it a crack theory, one that got many NZ yachties both afloat and onto bigger and better things over the years. Good to see you showing it can still be done, contrary to what many seem to think these days. One could say you're a anti-trentsetter, which in today's terms is a damn good thing at times.

What the hell is a pre-radial winch? Is that one that's getting ready to go round and round but knot quite grown up enuff to do so, or is it a female one about to go very bad for no reason at all bar the date? :twisted: :lol:

Just trying knot to look too much like a lush there Gappy. Probably doomed to fail but hey, why knot have a crack anyway.

Radial winches are Harkens new thing with a twisted drum instead of knurled and sandblasted drum.with a clip fit to the base so it can all be put on the boat before finaL assembly.

Very well done ratty, I was convinced that I was looking at the last stiletto to be built, but no, as discussed the camera doesnt quite tell the whole tail. Great to see someone who practises what he preaches and look forward to seeing her sliding around Kawau bay. Re fairing: Did you use peel ply on the final resin / glass? Us rats must keep sailing Kiwi wooden boats just cant abide the styrene/holding tank aroma present down below on so many Benetarias. Keep up the good work.

The plan was to use peel ply but the resin had tacked off past what was possible because the poanels are so big and wetting out the 18oz db was a big job for 2 of us it took 18hrs to glass it.

Nice work, great to see it happening and good progress.

But please, 18oz DB??????? We moved to metric 40 years ago..........

Were you trying to say 600 gm/m2 EDB?

well I am just about finished all the longboard sanding and am now 8 kilos lighter in weight and the boat has lost some kilo's as well

post-2703-141887188072.jpg

post-2703-141887188077.jpg