$1 reserve boat

The owner phoned me this afternoon. Poor guy seemed incredibly upset. More about the loss of his boat and his health etc than the loss of the sale to the guy this morning who drove up after winning  the auction. The owner made a couple of videos for the guy who bought it before he drove up from Tauranga. I said I'd post them here for him but told him we've decided we don't have enough experience yet to take the plunge. Sad story

This is Kevin Mc's boat? - a regular on the crew forums...sad to hear he has taken a turn...hope things improve for him.
Stick it on your driveway with a cradle from Boat Haulage at $2 per day....

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, MsKellySails said:

The owner phoned me this afternoon. Poor guy seemed incredibly upset. More about the loss of his boat and his health etc than the loss of the sale to the guy this morning who drove up after winning  the auction. The owner made a couple of videos for the guy who bought it before he drove up from Tauranga. I said I'd post them here for him but told him we've decided we don't have enough experience yet to take the plunge. Sad story

hey - without wanting to embarrass you into a wrong move, this would be an excellent candidate to learn on.  As Zozza says, a cradle on your drive will give you all winter to sort out the issues (many but relatively minor) and have her ready for next summer at relatively low cost.  After that process you will know her inside out and have confidence in her because of the work you have done.

Your additional costs would include transportation to your storage, but in the big scheme thats not expensive - Zozza is a good source on those costs, he does it regularly!

Yes it is K Mac's yacht Zoz.

• Haha 1