Versatile!! dagger boards (lee boards) well designed and very practical for where he wants to go. He doesn't mention the rudder(s) But I guess it / they are kick up or perhaps are some sort of dagger board. Low rig means power without heel. It would certainly work here in NZ.

I looked a bit further and I could imagine it would be a fairly simple build in either steel or alloy or as he has in Ply, how he attached the 100 steel plate? I'll have to find his blog.

I know that the base of "Gwalarns" 8mm thick alloy 700mm wide keel and 1m draught, with both C boards up, allows sitting on any hard surface a dream, without any stability issues. 

great europe cruiser with all their rivers and inland stuff.  Some clever ideas and thinking for generic cruising to.  I particularly like the light and bright IKEA/Scandi looking interior.  The "chain to the bilges" idea is great!  And, yeah.  Who uses a nav station these days???

1 hour ago, Black Panther said:

It wasn't a conscious decision but that's where we have ended up. On a  long passage maybe 2 or 3 paper ones

Apparently the US navy is teaching celestial navigation once again, maybe because the satelites can be taken out or corrupted. I have paper charts for backup.

• Upvote 1