Boat in distress of Gt Barrier

JK

11 hours ago, Priscilla II said:

What a tosser Mellars couldn't give a flying fish for those who risked their lives to save his unappreciative hide.

When approached by the Herald for comment on the rescue and the lengths authorities went to save him, Mellars said: “I don’t give a rat’s arse about the rescue, and I have nothing to say to you.”

If that quote is accurate then here's hoping he doesn't buy another boat, what an attitude.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Priscilla II said:

What a tosser Mellars couldn't give a flying fish for those who risked their lives to save his unappreciative hide.

When approached by the Herald for comment on the rescue and the lengths authorities went to save him, Mellars said: “I don’t give a rat’s arse about the rescue, and I have nothing to say to you.”

Ingrate.

Deserves a visit from Karma.

It's not just the quote. Dude didn't seem to have a handheld vhf. Randomly jumped into the water in huge seas and 60+ knots with no instruction to do so.

Plus from the article and the info here it seems the boat was secured and he decided to shift it which is how it ended up out there.

Imo he should be up for some sort of fine/sanction based on the fact his idiocy put the lives of his rescuers at risk.

• Upvote 3

Whoa boys and girls, the Herald article was full of not quite correct stuff, the owner is very tech savvy and had radios bleeper etc-note he only set it off when daylight so that it would be worth searching. The boats anchors did let go and she blew on to the rocks before tide and wind blew her out again, she has electric drives now so they were useless of course in those conditions. He wants to get her back, but I fear that she will wash ashore in far North Queensland like the last one that tipped over in the coastal -should be 8-9 months. 

The yacht is not his home -another mistake from the Herald.

Overall a fantastic job by the Navy when no one else could do anything -extreme conditions and one hull being down is probably the only reason she did not flip.

For all the armchair admirals out there, at the worst it was blowing 100 miles an hour at the Barrier. thats not 100kph for you sail gp viewers . 😊

• Upvote 4
On 23/03/2023 at 9:17 AM, waikiore said:

I fear that she will wash ashore in far North Queensland like the last one that tipped over in the coastal -should be 8-9 months. 

Great prognosticating!

• Upvote 1