Anyone sailed up the east coast in the last week or so?

We are waiting on weather in Lyttleton, going to Wgtn to fuel up etc then heading to Whitianga.

would prefer the East coast due to distance, however to much debris maybe a issue.

we don’t plan on being close inshore like 20miles plus offshore further if nesessary.

‘thanks for any good advice

We're you at the Sail Gp?  I'd be keen to hear what you thought from a sailors perspective. E.g wasnit worth going to?. You could post something on tbe sail GP thread: Sail GP in ChCh.

I was there, and it was great! The on the water organizing left quite a bit to be desired - no clear marking of spectator area, no GPS co-ordinates either, or better still would have been a GPX file to lay out the course, so we could park in the right spot! As it was they had to move most of the spectator fleet on day one, although day two was better.  It was their 1st go at this though.

The Sailing was awesome, and well worth the trip.

NZ could have started better! Penalizing themselves....

I only went down from Wellington, and with the forecast now for the return trip, looks like thursday at the earliest. Gales tomorrow. 

Marina manager in Lyttleton was less than friendly (we wanted to come in and get water, that's all - "No, you cant, and there is nowhere else".  We would have paid if needed, not an option apparently, and his advice  was wrong - the abandoned marina had some water in places.  Not great for region PR.

• Like 1

The racing was great, fast and exciting, I thought this is far and away better than the Americas cup.

far more tactical I didn’t realise until afterwards, I think we will be back for Auckland and maybe in the stand for the next Lyttleton event.