Bit Windy

18 hours ago, Ed said:

From memory, that microburst also picked up a yacht of around 30-35 foot in a berth in X pier I think it was, and dumped it back down, smashing it up pretty good 

There were also some microbursts as far away from Westhaven, in Devonport. My Lotus was sitting in its cradle on the hard at DYC, and was picked up and dropped down hard enough to delaminate the hull from the stringers by over 50mm. Boat was written off. The actual storm cell centre, according to metservice, passed slightly south of Norht Head. Weird.

23 hours ago, alibaba said:

There were also some microbursts as far away from Westhaven, in Devonport. My Lotus was sitting in its cradle on the hard at DYC, and was picked up and dropped down hard enough to delaminate the hull from the stringers by over 50mm. Boat was written off. The actual storm cell centre, according to metservice, passed slightly south of Norht Head. Weird.

Hope Rudolph didn’t buy that one ? 

• Haha 1

That Westhaven microburst clip if you look at the upper right you see a 140’ sailing yacht get its spreaders wet.

The force of the hit broke several dock lines.

One person on board , an engineer as I recall got the vessel off the dock and anchored in the fairway while they sorted things out.

Well - Ex M- Rudolf DID buy it off the insurance co. - paid 7000 for it, bolted the  hull up and advertised it for 12000.[ and admitted it was still leaking - " but not much"!

• Confused 1