Perspex dome wtb

It is surprising easy to bend perspex yourself. Just heat it up a bit (to less that 120 c I think, so it doesn't bubble) and bend it. That said, that is for 2 dimensional things like folds and curves. A 3D item like a dome would take a lot more work. I expect you'd need to make a mould, and would need a way of controlling the heat / temp accurately. So there would be benefits in getting the pros to do it. 

I've discussed making perspex dodgers with one of these outfits. They actually use an old pizza oven to heat large / long sheets, then drape it over a mould / frame of the shape dodger I want. I was going to need to make the mould myself, the next step would be to build a plywood box over it (maybe insult with some pink batts, or even just old blankets, use a diesel heater and some cooking / meat probes and an IR thermometer, and try it out. The cost of perspex sheet itself isn't too bad, depending on thickness. And you can get cut to size / part sheets easily.

It would at least be worth asking about the cost, as it may be less than you think. That, and as zozza says, the chances of getting a second hand one that is in usable condition is likely very low.

Either that, or you could re-purpose either a shower dome, or one of those sky light / sunlight domes that go on the roof of a house. That could be a good solution.

Edit, they even have all the details on a web enquiry form, here:

Dome | Auckland | New Zealand | Cambrian Plastics

3 hours ago, K4309 said:

Either that, or you could re-purpose either a shower dome, or one of those sky light / sunlight domes that go on the roof of a house. That could be a good solution.

neither strong enough to withstand a pounding by waves etc