Maurice Griffiths Eventide

Does anybody know of,or even have,any of the Maurice Griffiths designed yachts.I am particularly interested in the Eventide design.According to the EOG site there are 6 in NZ,although this may have been a few years ago and it is unclear what kind of state they were in.Should imagen there would have been a few more of them here in the past.Would like to get my hands on one,or at least talk with someone who has had experience sailing them.Jon

Does anybody know of,or even have,any of the Maurice Griffiths designed yachts.I am particularly interested in the Eventide design.According to the EOG site there are 6 in NZ,although this may have been a few years ago and it is unclear what kind of state they were in.Should imagen there would have been a few more of them here in the past.Would like to get my hands on one,or at least talk with someone who has had experience sailing them.Jon

a quote from the "worlds worst sailmaker" here........'think you'd find it sailed like a raven only a whole lot slower'

Think they sailed alright just not very quickly.Well,not quickly at all in fact.That's ok by me,my desire of for speed has left me.Comfort is where i am at these days.

You certainly get extra points for owning a design from the person who wrote 'Magic of the Swatchways'. One of the best sailing books ever written IMHO.

Archived