2011 SSANZ RNI Leg 1

Cameron

Cameron, what h'caps are you running? Just PHRF or do you have your own as well, do you have a list?

I am picking Karma Police to win it, but thats only if the breeze stays consistent otherwise pick a number!

That Elliott 1850 Zindabar, is that the big schooner from Warkworth??

The handicap systems will be PHRF and IRC.

I don't fancy the complaints (plus dealing with a conflict of interest by competing myself)

While I'm at it I'd like to apologise to Markm and the PHRF committee for anything I may have done to offend them.

p.s I can still update the PHRF's for leg 1 if there are any late changes.

Haha nice post Cam, but I think your apologies will be too little too late, a friend of mine told me he heard you on the dock the other day claiming that PHRF was a real mess and that it was all the fault of the PHRF committee and especially that guy Mark who uses his own wierd system to further screw the palying field.

Apparently you also said that the stories of yachties who deliberately under perform their boats outside of major events, keep their best sails for major events and generally fuk with the system are just the excuses of an incompetent committee and that the problems of PHRF are all at the feet of YNZ's PHRF committee.

There will be no complaints from us re handicaps, the various weather conditions relative to a boats strengths and weaknesses and resulting tactics will decide this tour.

Congratulations to SSANZ for organising a fantastic event and getting us all to the start line on time, we will be doing our best to contribute to a brilliant two weeks of shorthanded sailing (both on and off the water),

Hats off to SSANZ!!

What terrible things to say Cam, I'm shocked, and I offer my sincere thanks to Marsh for pointing this out.

Just to refresh my memory Cam, it was Bird on the Wing you were sailing on?

Hope all goes well and the weathers not too cruel to all those racing, even for those on 1050s.

Your onto it Mark. I guess thats one bird that won't fly now...

Mind you I do think your suggestion of giving Akatea time is a little harsh. Only a man of Marsh's talents could hope to perform that well !

hehe

I reckon the best boat for boat racing is going to be in the 35footers. Should be AWESOME !

We've just looked at it too and there will definitely be weather tomorrow.

Really excited about this race starting. Good luck to all the competitors.

I'm shocked by your remarks Cameron.

Truxton is all set to go.

Division 3 is going to be super competitive.

My pick for div 3 phrf is dainaide, coppela or that 53fter with the ladies.

Same length if not longer than the 35fters and the planning boats wont get any chances to get away in the first 2 legs. Would think danaide would probably bash us all on the wind pretty easily.

good luck to everyone. Tuesday may not be too much fun infact the whole west coast leg is shaping up to be a slog the whole way.

Remember to check out www.fyfesails.co.nz to follow truxtons reports and pics/vids.

Truxton is all set to go.

Division 3 is going to be super competitive.

My pick for div 3 phrf is dainaide, coppela or that 53fter with the ladies.

Same length if not longer than the 35fters and the planning boats wont get any chances to get away in the first 2 legs. Would think danaide would probably bash us all on the wind pretty easily.

good luck to everyone. Tuesday may not be too much fun infact the whole west coast leg is shaping up to be a slog the whole way.

Remember to check out http://www.fyfesails.co.nz to follow truxtons reports and pics/vids.

Truxton wont go to badly either! You're too modest. Good luck mate.

I'm 2nm sth of tiri. wind currently 0knts and decreasing. been none for an hour. Nothing looks to be coming. Good luck guys and gals. She's gonna be a long but short day 1.

Archived