Notice 20 - 10 Temporary Shift of Harbour Racing Buoys

rigger

For all those racing or needing to know about the racing buoys

just got this NTM

Notice 20 - 10 Temporary Shift of Harbour Racing Buoys

From the 5th March 2010 the following harbour racing buoys have been shifted

for the Louis Vuitton Trophy Auckland Series and will be returned to there original

position on completion of the series 22nd March 2010.

• No6 North Head – New position 36 49.596 S 174 49.115 E

• No7 Rough Rock – New position 36 49.077 S 174 49.226 E

• No12 Flax Point – New position 36 48.465 S 174 50.089 E

• No15 Bean Rock – New Position 36 50.200 S 174 49.500 E

• No17 Orakei – New position 36 50.520 S 174 48.756 E

These buoys have been moved into line with several other inflated

Harbourmaster buoys and should not be used for club racing.

If you have any question please call the Harbourmasters office on 09 362 0397.

I looked for Rough Rock on the way home last night but didn't see it. But I didn't look hard. The harbour by Nth Head is like a minefield of yellow buoys at the moment.

Go sail out of Weiti BC instead, they only have 1 yellow to worry about, Navy Buoy Tiri. OK so there are 2 but they are real close together so I'm calling them 1.

Hmmm, aren't many squaddy courses left if you take out those marks, should be an entertaining challenge for Col et al.

They have just shifted them a bit, haven't plotted the new posn's so not sure how usable they are.

Did see some of the race yellows have moved but the ones I saw were still pretty close to where they were and are still very usable.

Just watch out for all the extra yellows out there now. They all look to be inflatable type so you should be able to tell the difference between the LV extras and the usual race yellow spheres.

Don't commit to a yellow spot in the distance is what I'm saying. The yellow spot could just be a LV buoy.

Doesn't "rough rock" actually mark a rock. If so, is their wisdom in moving it?

Im not sure, from memory, rough rock sits atop a sandbar rather than a rock - so infact it should probably be moved more often!

Squid - There was a course chart in the paper this morn - it seems that the furthest out course is between Taka Beach and Rangi light, with the innermost between Bean and North Head.

The area buoyed out is from under Nth Head, in a line with Orakei Wharf, and heads off towards a point on Rangi about a mile south of Rangi Light. NNW roughly. From nearly Nth Head over to just by Bean Rock. Same as last time.

But it must change as sure as apples the damn wind direction will.

The plan is to try and keep close in for the punters.

So more Rangi Channel I'd say MS. Sharpen up please :lol: :lol:

Hmmm, aren't many squaddy courses left if you take out those marks, should be an entertaining challenge for Col et al.

They have just shifted them a bit, haven't plotted the new posn's so not sure how usable they are.

Comment of mine related to the last sentence, the bit about shouldn't be used by clubs for racing, if not for that there wouldn't be an issue.

Archived