RNI Leg 4

muttley

I see KP's just the other side of Waiheke, do we have any idea of ETA on them and M1?

So's I can be a good little shore crew and time the cold beer n mixers run......

Wal, depends on the breeze up the ditch.

Spoke to Surreal guys just now and they can see KP, M1 in front of them, so I would use KP as a guide for M1 or thereabouts, but then the ditch can be horrible in little pressure with out going tide.

oooo ....... there's a plan. Gotta pick up some coldies and rescue the chully bun from the boat ta put some ice in

.... Reckon these guys are going to need a qld after this little lot :think:

Karma Police tracker shows them in the Motuihe Channel right now.

Coppelia's tracker shows them between Noises and Oneroa doing 5.1 knots. At this rate they could finish in around 3 hours.

We usually putt out and board the boats after the finish to lend a hand and point them towards the rum. If any of you guys are friends or crew of an approaching boat, be at the back of the squadron and we'll drop you off on the race boat instead.

from SSANZ:

Finished: Akatea (2.15am), M1 (18.00.32), Karma Police (19.04.32), Zindabar (18.58.45), Surreal (19.50.32), Coppelia (20.02.49). Midnight Express due around 20.20

But KP time must be an error - would be 4min after M1

happened to be having dinner in the sky tower. Watching the two-handers come in killed my participation in the conversation.

Karma was right behind M1 at North Head, lost a bit in the very light stuff against the tide in the ditch, but pretty close for 15ft of length.

Plenty of others were trailing in, and on the way home I watched midnight express finish at about 8:15, threatening to cross the line beam on with sails hanging limp.

From the SSANZ site talk about some close finishes:

Valium 20.50.41, Physical Favours 20.57.15, Second Nature 20.57.47.

Stellar effort from Physical Favours! But Midnight Express beat them all in - wohoo for Welly!

Coppelia has done amazingly well. Is she much modified ?

It's a well set up and really well sailed boat. Those guys deserve a massive amount of credit for their achievements this year.

Archived