Splicing thin to thick (double braid)

crocodile

That is correct. Crew complaining of hanging on to 5 or 6mm sheets and have requested that the inboard end be thicker. So I want the clew to block bit at say 5mm then block to end/holding on bit to be 8mm (maybe 10mm???). I guess light weather sheets could be 3mm to 5mm/6mm. Usual splices normally end up thicker than the nominal diameter and then presumably won't run or pass through the block (rated to 10mm). There must be some type of butt splice :oops: plus stitching that has been tried and tested.

If it is 6mm to 8mm you could simply slide the cover only off the 8mm over the smaller diameter 6mm for the parts you want thicker. Without showing some pretty hard splices that is the easiest way. It is the sort of splice that is a little harder than following instructions sadly!

Easy peasy.

Just get a bit of 8mm double braid and slide the cover off. Slide that cover over our existing and hey presto bigger or thicker end.

If you don't have any old braid with cover in OK nik you can but just cover or i might have a bit lying around at the office. Sounds like you don't need much.

I'll suss if we have anything drifting around in the am for you

:lol: Don't you hate it when you push 'submit' and some buggers just said the said thing :lol:

Good rope monkeys thing alike KM! Cheap racing braid is all you ned to get, slide the core out and slide the sheet inside where the core was, Tuck the edges of the cover or of not too worried simply tape them and whip over them. That is the easiest way. If KM Doesnt have any 8mm cover i can dig around at work and we will prob have some i think. PM me if you need more help.

Archived