WANTED: Optimist Dinghy (racing level not required)

Clipper

I have a couple of young cousins that enjoy being out on the water. In talking with my parents this weekend, we thougth it only right that we get them an opti to knock around in. I agreed to do any work required to get a cheap/old one going, like painting, repairs, sorting out ropes etc, and they would stump up a little cash to get something.

So I have started looking around for a cheap opti, trademe etc. Thought I'd post here in case someone has an old opti they want to sell to get a couple of young boys out learning to sail.

Or any suitable gear as well. Sails etc. some of the cheap optis will have knackered sails I guess.

Would like to sort it out this winter, ready for next summer.

We are about to list my son's wooden opti as he has outgrown it now. Similar sort of ball park to the TM listing above.. Definitely could do with a newer sail, but has had a repaint. Has a beach trolley etc. PM me if you want to come and have a look. We live on the shore.

Pete

I had a customer trying to get rid of an opti the other day told them its only worth a couple of hundred bucks let me if you want to know more.

Cheers

Gappy

throw them in at the deep end, ive got a nice plywood and kevlar javelin that can be all yours for 10 simple payments of $99.99

throw them in at the deep end, ive got a nice plywood and kevlar javelin that can be all yours for 10 simple payments of $99.99

:lol: :lol: :lol: You should be in sales, not manufacturing!

Archived